Report in

Zipmeister

Indiana, in fact, does this. However, it is my understanding they leave it there all year. So, it will look a bit odd when there are empty seats.
This is probably true; however, the ones that remain up all season are the people who give the extra money for every game. I have a customer only about a 1/4 mile from South Carolina's stadium and they leave theirs up all football season. It does look odd, but there are thousands of them and it would take too long to put them up and take them down after every game. Most big schools do this now.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At some schools you can buy a seat back with a cushioned seat that attaches to the bench. This requires some sort of extra donation to the alumni fund. These seats are placed out at the beginning of the season and remain all year. Some schools allow you to "rent" one for one game for five or ten dollars and leave the seat attached to the bench at the end of the game and someone else comes and collects them when the stadium is empty. I think this is a great way for the University to generate additional income. Did UofA offer anything like this?
No. In fact some fans tried to bring their own chairbacks and anything that had metal to attach to the bleachers were turned away. UA needs to get the correct chairs that wont damage the bleachers and start making some money.
I called and asked about chair backs a few weeks prior to the game. The woman on the phone told me that they would allowus to bring our own as long as they would not hook on/damage the new bleachers. Well, that wasn't the case. Had to make an extra round trip to lot 34.

I brought GCI bleacherback chairs - they fit all of the university's requirements. They don't have metal rails on the bottom, they are only 16" wide, and best of all, they come in navy blue with yellow buckles :)
I'll look for some. thanks B)
I bought two GCI bleacherback chairs at MC Sports in Wadsworth today.

I brought GCI bleacherback chairs - they fit all of the university's requirements. They don't have metal rails on the bottom, they are only 16" wide, and best of all, they come in navy blue with yellow buckles :)
MC sports? I thought that chain was dead. They are probably planning to stage a comeback by capturing the chair back seat market for the greater Akron area.

The people in front of me had chair backs with rubber no-slip skids on the bottom. I believe they found them here.