Things go wrong for former Zips foe

This is how not to build a championship program. Lots of transfers and recruits with questionable backgrounds. Remember a few years ago when we destroyed them by 50 pts at their place, the coach chastised his players and said he wanted them to use Akrons success as an example? Should have followed his own advice.http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll...NEWS01/90925035Six players and the AD have gotten the axe so far. The president of the Uni is on the hot seat now.http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll...NEWS01/90930035

This is the kind of collapse that our rival was headed for under Jim Christian. I don't think their new coach will follow the same path.
when was Cristian fired? must have been during my away time
You have got to pay attention. He was fired shortly after two of his players were arrested for armed robbery of a nationally chartered bank. In the shoot out that followed the robbery three FBI agents were wounded, and Jim joked that his players weren't any better at shooting Federal agents than they were at shooting free throws. As a result of his comments, the NCAA prohibited him from recruiting during the month of February.

This is the kind of collapse that our rival was headed for under Jim Christian. I don't think their new coach will follow the same path.
when was Cristian fired? must have been during my away time
You have got to pay attention. He was fired shortly after two of his players were arrested for armed robbery of a nationally chartered bank. In the shoot out that followed the robbery three FBI agents were wounded, and Jim joked that his players weren't any better at shooting Federal agents than they were at shooting free throws. As a result of his comments, the NCAA prohibited him from recruiting during the month of February.
you know what I'm an idiot. I was thinking Geno Ford :rolltide: they all start to blend together after a while