Zips Continue Recruiting Charlotte NC

Apparently, Coach Brookhart has this theory that tight ends can become defensive linemen, offensive tackles and/or guards in college in addition to being tight ends. An athletic tight end at 260 who runs a 4.7 40 and puts on 20 pounds of muscle during his redshirt freshman year is probably a better offensive lineman than a kid who already weighs 300 coming out of high school and running a 5.3 40.

He hasn't OK'd this strategy with me and I asked the same thing last year until I saw how some of them are now listed on the roster. B)

Football

• Butler tight end Michael Ingersoll (6-foot-5, 260 pounds) has offers from Vanderbilt, Akron and Appalachian State, coach Mike Newsome said.

Appalatian State, and Vanderbilt are our competition. :rolleyes:

Kirk Ferencz, at Iowa, has a knack of getting tight ends, converting them to o-lineman, and sending them to the NFL.

Some guys are just too big when they arrive, and never really get the agility to succeed.

Football

• Butler tight end Michael Ingersoll (6-foot-5, 260 pounds) has offers from Vanderbilt, Akron and Appalachian State, coach Mike Newsome said.

Appalatian State, and Vanderbilt are our competition.

Our "competition" for Brion Stokes was 1-AA schools. :P

Seems like some Zips coach recruiting the Charlotte area has a better eye for talent than the coaches from other 1-A schools? :bow: