Springfest!

Over ten thousand students here on campus celebrating Springfest. A band from Columbus called Red Wanting Blue is playing on one of the two stages set up. Look at Coleman Commons and tons of kids sitting on the grass at a concert makes me realize how great of a small concert venue that place actually is.
Sounded like a big success. Any chance the beer garden idea can/will be picked up at home football games? Since I have never heard of the band, I looked up Red Wanting Blue, if you are a fan of them, go see them the 21st at HOB, it's one of the best places to see a show in the area.

Over ten thousand students here on campus celebrating Springfest. A band from Columbus called Red Wanting Blue is playing on one of the two stages set up. Look at Coleman Commons and tons of kids sitting on the grass at a concert makes me realize how great of a small concert venue that place actually is.
Sounded like a big success. Any chance the beer garden idea can/will be picked up at home football games? Since I have never heard of the band, I looked up Red Wanting Blue, if you are a fan of them, go see them the 21st at HOB, it's one of the best places to see a show in the area.

HOB is alright if you dont like taking pictures and want to be overwhelmed by hundreds of little kids.

The best place to see a show in the area is still The Agora or maybe Peabody's.

btw, if any of you didn't stick around for RWB you should check them out anyways as they put on one of the best live shows in the business.

Im gonna go out on a limb here and say the almighty Jake chose not to attend this event because it was planned by the lowly RHPB and figured it would have been a total flop with no more than 100 people come out. Where ya at now, Jake?! :tomato:

GREAT event. I can't say Ive seen this many students come out for a single campus event like this in a LONG time. Bands were good (esp Red Wanting Blue - Ive seen them a few times down at Barley House), the games were fun, and the beer garden.. well, let's just hope this is a taste of whats to come for the football season. It was very well done and the fireworks were just icing on the cake. I think we can all rest assured that the University and RHPB weren't a lost cause at their abilities to get students to come out for events like that.

It was actually most funny to be hearing all the students asking "why don't I remember this happening last year" or "is this the first year for this event?", a clear indicator of the students' enjoyment of the event to ask themselves why they haven't come out before.

See Jake... The University isn't this lost cause you claim it to be! :D

As always...with the dishonest accusations. I am the last person to call UA a lost cause. You are such the reactionary aren't you? I heard your fireworks. They were great. Can't say much for the rest of the parochial entertainment. How many did you draw... what a woppin 200 - 600 students out of almost 30,000? Nice try but no cigar. UA is not a lost cause. That has been my point all along. It just needs some students who are willing to program with a more inclusive attitude. For cyrying out loud UA is 140 years old. What are you dinasours waiting for? Evolution is suppose to move forward not backward.

Nice try Jake..how about THOUSANDS of students, the place was packed all day. Like usual you were wrong. UofA did a great job with Spring Fest so why don't you start giving credit where credit is due?

btw, I'm sure you thought that MVP presentation at the JAR today was "so high school" as well.

laugh^_^arial^_^3^_^2^_^Jake%20FAIL^_^.gif

I see how you defend your dishonesty with even more dishonesty. Nothing in your post is even close to the truth...as usual. It's unfortunate that you accuse the MVP at the JAR as being "high school" but then again, your obnoxious pessimism is no surprise.

I brought my 5 year old son up there with me and had a great time. There were ton of activities for all ages and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. What I liked most about Springfest is that you had to sign in and get a wrist band. That makes it easier for the police to keep the scum away. There was well over 1000 people there, so the turnout was very good.

Jake, continue to bash it all you want but there was absolutely nothing wrong with Springfest. If you didn't go, why are complaining about it?

Is it because you're salty you made a post betting against this event, and you lost?

I brought my 5 year old son up there with me and had a great time. There were ton of activities for all ages and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. What I liked most about Springfest is that you had to sign in and get a wrist band. That makes it easier for the police to keep the scum away. There was well over 1000 people there, so the turnout was very good.

Jake, continue to bash it all you want but there was absolutely nothing wrong with Springfest. If you didn't go, why are complaining about it?

Is it because you're salty you made a post betting against this event, and you lost?

I did not lose at all and you proved it. Glad your 5 year old son enjoyed himself at a "college event" ( read: Hilltop High all over again). That says it all. I was giving the event too much credit when I called it high school!

I did not lose at all and you proved it. Glad your 5 year old son enjoyed himself at a "college event" ( read: Hilltop High all over again). That says it all. I was giving the event too much credit when I called it high school!

Actually what made it "Hilltop High" was the people from your generation, and the only people who call it that, are people from your generation. So, "as it is on here, it shall be out there", the sooner you go away the better it will be for everyone.

Actually what made it "Hilltop High" was the people from your generation, and the only people who call it that, are people from your generation. So, "as it is on here, it shall be out there", the sooner you go away the better it will be for everyone.

Actually you've converted it from Hilltop High to Hilltop Pre-School. I'm sure your son and his 5 year old friends will have a blast at future so-called campus events!

Im gonna go out on a limb here and say the almighty Jake chose not to attend this event because it was planned by the lowly RHPB and figured it would have been a total flop with no more than 100 people come out. Where ya at now, Jake?! :tomato:

GREAT event. I can't say Ive seen this many students come out for a single campus event like this in a LONG time. Bands were good (esp Red Wanting Blue - Ive seen them a few times down at Barley House), the games were fun, and the beer garden.. well, let's just hope this is a taste of whats to come for the football season. It was very well done and the fireworks were just icing on the cake. I think we can all rest assured that the University and RHPB weren't a lost cause at their abilities to get students to come out for events like that.

It was actually most funny to be hearing all the students asking "why don't I remember this happening last year" or "is this the first year for this event?", a clear indicator of the students' enjoyment of the event to ask themselves why they haven't come out before.

See Jake... The University isn't this lost cause you claim it to be! :D

As always...with the dishonest accusations. I am the last person to call UA a lost cause. You are such the reactionary aren't you? I heard your fireworks. They were great. Can't say much for the rest of the parochial entertainment. How many did you draw... what a woppin 200 - 600 students out of almost 30,000? Nice try but no cigar. UA is not a lost cause. That has been my point all along. It just needs some students who are willing to program with a more inclusive attitude. For cyrying out loud UA is 140 years old. What are you dinasours waiting for? Evolution is suppose to move forward not backward.

Nice try Jake..how about THOUSANDS of students, the place was packed all day. Like usual you were wrong. UofA did a great job with Spring Fest so why don't you start giving credit where credit is due?

btw, I'm sure you thought that MVP presentation at the JAR today was "so high school" as well.

I see how you defend your dishonesty with even more dishonesty. Nothing in your post is even close to the truth...as usual. It's unfortunate that you accuse the MVP at the JAR as being "high school" but then again, your obnoxious pessimism is no surprise.

Good job reading what i wrote.

again,