On to BG

zipboy

A few thoughts . . .

1. 2 good comments from the press conference - 1. Ferguson gets more reps this week. Getsy is the guy but if he falters we may see Ferguson. I only saw the spring game, but Getsy and Ferguson were comparable. Ferguson has the better arm, Getsy moves better. The future is with 1 of the FR who should not play this year. I trust JD to play who is going to win football games. Second comment, mathematically we have a chance, realistically, we are not a good football team.

2. If Jacobs can't go, this is a winnable game. 6-5 or 7-4 is still a lot better come the off season. I hope these guys get it together.

3. Regardless of who is at QB, I hope we see something different this week. How about Biggs and Kennedy or Biggs and Allen in the backfield? How about no shovel passes and no throw the ball 20 yards sideways for a 2 yard gain. I hope we pull out the stops and play aggressive.

4. Shame about Pace, tough player.

5. I may be wrong but when we were down 13-0, we had a 2nd and 3 on the Army 25-30 yard line late 3rd quarter. We threw for the end zone, incomplete. Incomplete passes on 3rd and 4th down. I think our next 9 plays were passes. The running game is bad, but the passing game is just about as bad. Can we play smash mouth football this week? BG is as soft a D as we are going to see this year.

6. Still looking forward to the trip. Last time I was in BG, Richie Reliford made 3 goal line stands in the final minutes. Time to right the ship. Go Zips!

7-4 will get us into the MAC championship. We win out, heck squeak out, and we're in first place in the East provided BG beats Miami. Heck we don't deserve to go to Detroit, but with a little luck next week it is a real possibility. I'm sure the Zip players and JD are well aware of that.

7-4 will get us into the MAC championship. We win out, heck squeak out, and we're in first place in the East provided BG beats Miami. Heck we don't deserve to go to Detroit, but with a little luck next week it is a real possibility. I'm sure the Zip players and JD are well aware of that.

How do we get off this schnide?

If we beat MTSU and NIU, we certainly have it in us to beat a hobbled BG. But how do we get back to the swagger and confidence we had early-on?

If you have the answer, pleaase post it and I will make certain JD gets the message. ;)