Official Zips watch party?

zipseuph

so is the "Barely House" the official watch house again this year or do we have another place. I for one would like to recommend "Wing Warehouse" it's connected to canal park, and is a cool atmosphere. It is small enough that I'm sure us Zips fans could completely take over.

I was at Barley House on Saturday and they were understaffed with open tables and people waiting to be seated. A half ass establishment if there ever was one. On the other hand I was at the Wing Warehouse for a Aeros game this summer -- we asked to order wings and we were told it would be 2 hours. 2 hours to drop wings into a deep fryer....that wasn't to get a table that was to get our food. Terribly pathetic excuse for a bar. Saturday we ended up at Brubaker's and the food proved to be good, the service quick, $2 Bud Light 22 oz in a take home Zips cup....I'll continue to spend my money there thank you.

I was at Barley House on Saturday and they were understaffed with open tables and people waiting to be seated. A half ass establishment if there ever was one. On the other hand I was at the Wing Warehouse for a Aeros game this summer -- we asked to order wings and we were told it would be 2 hours. 2 hours to drop wings into a deep fryer....that wasn't to get a table that was to get our food. Terribly pathetic excuse for a bar. Saturday we ended up at Brubaker's and the food proved to be good, the service quick, $2 Bud Light 22 oz in a take home Zips cup....I'll continue to spend my money there thank you.

Thanks for the info. I could write a book on the missed opportunities these places have had over the years, and how many times my friends and I have walked out of some of these places on game day because they were either unprepared, or had their employees clad in OSWho gear, or would reluctantly put the Akron game on ONE TV in the corner, etc. And in many cases, this even happened after they were advertising themselves as an AKRON football party location. Pathetic.

If Brubakers is stepping up to the plate the way you described on Saturday, we should patronize them.

Thanks for the info. I could write a book on the missed opportunities these places have had over the years, and how many times my friends and I have walked out of some of these places on game day because they were either unprepared, or had their employees clad in OSWho gear, or would reluctantly put the Akron game on ONE TV in the corner, etc. And in many cases, this even happened after they were advertising themselves as an AKRON football party location. Pathetic.

If Brubakers is stepping up to the plate the way you described on Saturday, we should patronize them.

I've never been to brubakers on a game day. I was about to go there once, until my roommate and myself spotted a giant inflatable Brutus out front

I've never been to brubakers on a game day. I was about to go there once, until my roommate and myself spotted a giant inflatable Brutus out front

Noooo. Say it isn't so. Just when I had some hope :wall:

I don't go there tons, and I've never been there during a zips game except once (the game was on there), but I do know that the Scorchers in the Valley prominently displays U.A. gear around the whole joint... and relatively little of any other. But you guys seem to be talking downtown

I was at Barley after the football game later that night. That place makes me mad. It is literally down the street from the fourth largest schoool in the state and they just kept shoving Ohio State down everyone's throat. The DJ kept talking about their game the other night and even played their fight song while some old fat cheerleaders danced to it. It's like they don't even know that UA is right up the street. I don't understand why people have more pride in other schools than they do their own.

I was at Barley after the football game later that night. That place makes me mad. It is literally down the street from the fourth largest schoool in the state and they just kept shoving Ohio State down everyone's throat. The DJ kept talking about their game the other night and even played their fight song while some old fat cheerleaders danced to it. It's like they don't even know that UA is right up the street. I don't understand why people have more pride in other schools than they do their own.

It is because we lose, and Ohio State wins.

Cincinnati decided to do something about the Ohio State machine...they started winning. And now it is considered "cool" in Cincinnati to be a Bearcat fan. Local radio stations make fun of the Buckeyes... it is a beautiful thing in southern Ohio.

While YSU was rolling under Tressel, even at the 1-AA level, YSU football was the talk of the Youngstown area. Why? - because they won. Youngstowners are as big a fan group of OSU and anywhere else in the state, but YSU carved their niche in the mainstream football conversation.

Boise State is kicking anyone's ass who's man enough to play them. Even on a neutral site, across the 3/4 of the way across the country. My son loves Boise State...they win, and they are really fun to watch.

Conversely -- Zips football loses, and is frustrating to watch. That's gotta change before you'll see local attitudes regarding UA football change.

I hope somebody swings by Brubakers this week to see if they are backing Akron or OSU. As I've mentioned before, before the OU game last year they dropped the ball BIGTIME by being severly understaffed and sporting ONLY OSU gear, seemingly oblivious to the Akron game down the street :mad_flame: . I go out of my way to spend money at locations that back the Zips and have ZERO patience for locations near the University that don't support it. Brubakers is an extreme case, they are in a building BUILT FOR UA STUDENTS!!!! I might give them a 2nd chance IF they back the Zips for this entire season.