Fan Travel Packages Set for MAC Football Champions

UAM

Fan Travel Packages Set for MAC Football Championship Game

Zips to Battle Northern Illinois, Thursday, December 1 at Detroit's Ford Field

Nov. 25, 2005

Akron - The University of Akron Department of Athletics has put a plan in place for traveling and activities surrounding the 2005 MAC Football Championship Game. The match-up between Northern Illinois and the Zips will take place this Thursday, December 1 in Detroit, MI. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. at Ford Field, the home of Super Bowl XL.

The following MAC Championship Game fan packages are available through the Zips Athletics Ticket Office. These trips will be available via Zips Express Charter Coach. All transportation will depart from Rhodes Arena at Noon on Thursday, December 1, 2005 and will return to Akron immediately following the game.

Here are the packages...

OPTION 1: Game Ticket only at Ford Field, $20.00. Tickets can be picked up at the Zips Athletics Ticket Office until close of business on Tuesday, November 29. All tickets purchased after this time must be picked up at

OPTION 2: Game Ticket and Ground Transportation from Akron to the game and back, immediately following the game, $75.00

OPTION 3: Game Ticket & Official Team Hotel Lodging (one night) - $119.00 (Hotel room can ONLY be booked with this package. Room sleeps up to four people.) No transportation provided with this option.

The only way to sit in the Akron Fan Section at Ford Field is to purchase your tickets directly from the Zips Athletics Ticket Office. All seating at Ford Field is reserved.

If you would like to make your own lodging arrangements the Official Zips Team Hotel in Detroit will be the Marriott Renaissance Center, 313-568-8000. Please call this Marriott property directly, ask for in-house reservations. You will be inquiring about the MAC Fan/Alumni Rate. If you call the toll free Marriott reservations line you will not be given this rate.

Gameday Shuttle Service to and from Marriott Renaissance Center and Ford Field begins at 5 p.m. and ends one hour after the game

Game ticket Pickup will begin in the Hotel Lobby of Marriott Renaissance at 10 a.m. and will continue until 4:30 p.m. Tickets will also be available at Ford Field's GATE C WILL CALL WINDOW, beginning at 5:30 p.m.

If you have any questions please call the Zips Athletics Ticket Office at 1-888-99-AKRON. Tickets will be on sale throughout the Thanksgiving Weekend; 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, 1-5 p.m. on Sunday, and from 8:30-5 p.m., Monday-Wednesday.

Folks were talking about going to a bowl game or not if we lose on other posts. IF we brought 5,000 fans to Detroit, bowl committees would start looking at us in a different light. Road travel was the best that I have seen this year in quite some time, about 500 to Miami, 400 at BG. My expectation is that we get close to 2K in Detroit. Double or triple that, and others start taking notice.

Go Zips!

I doubt we will outdraw NIU. I'm hoping for a good showing by UA fans. I know it's a Trs. night, but when was the last time the Zips made postseason in Football? If you don't have vacation time, make the trip and then drink a couple Red Bulls for the ride home!!! The pain the next day will be worth it. Fortunately for me, I get to sleep in my own bed after the game!! I've got 5 going right now.