Would You Take the Chance?

K-Roo

Should the Zips take a chance or would this add insult to injury and make us a complete and total laughing stock?

Or has that ship alreayd set sail?

Leach, Mangino, Leavitt

Regardless of what some of us want, there will be no coaching change next year.

I'd take any of the three in a second. All three of those guys won at places nobody said anyone could win. We need a guy like that here.

But if we had to start over, I would want Rob Ryan from the Browns as the coach.

Why would he take the pay cut?

Last I checked, $350k is more than $0. But if we really wanted to be actually competitive in attracting a coach compared to better than the bottom half of the MAC and Sunbelt, we would need to pay a new head coach $500k at the bare minimum.

But if we had to start over, I would want Rob Ryan from the Browns as the coach.

Why would he take the pay cut?

Last I checked, $350k is more than $0. But if we really wanted to be actually competitive in attracting a coach compared to better than the bottom half of the MAC and Sunbelt, we would need to pay a new head coach $500k at the bare minimum.

Doesn't Ryan still work for the Browns?

• 11 months later...

We took a chance on Dambrot. Maybe it is time to consider a guy like Leavitt that brought a program from the ground up...which basically is where UA is. It could be a PR disaster initially, but America loves a comeback story (and...really..how much attention would the coach of UA get...maybe "any publicity is good publicity!".

We took a chance on Dambrot. Maybe it is time to consider a guy like Leavitt that brought a program from the ground up...which basically is where UA is.
We need a guy like Dambrot. Leavitt is not that guy as he doesn't really understand the mac and getting mac players. It is much more difficult than rounding up players in Florida.I'd go as far as to say the next coach will take on a much bigger problem than Dambrot took over. Save the facilities rants, there is simply zero talent on this football team. If all it took was facilities, we would be much better.

We took a chance on Dambrot. Maybe it is time to consider a guy like Leavitt that brought a program from the ground up...which basically is where UA is.
We need a guy like Dambrot. Leavitt is not that guy as he doesn't really understand the mac and getting mac players. It is much more difficult than rounding up players in Florida.I'd go as far as to say the next coach will take on a much bigger problem than Dambrot took over. Save the facilities rants, there is simply zero talent on this football team. If all it took was facilities, we would be much better.
Well facilities without a decent coach is what the problem is. Owens or Faust with what we have now would at least have us winning 5-8 games a season.

Should the Zips take a chance or would this add insult to injury and make us a complete and total laughing stock?Or has that ship alreayd set sail?Leach, Mangino, Leavitt
Regardless of what some of us want, there will be no coaching change next year.I'd take any of the three in a second. All three of those guys won at places nobody said anyone could win. We need a guy like that here.
Yep. Ianello is back next year.