Akron vs. Maryland

Just got back from College Park. Dissappointing finish but what a game. Great representation from the Zip fans. Some Maryland fans behind me said they have never seen so many fans from the opposing team at their stadium.

I dont want to sound like sour grapes but this game should have been for the National Championship. These are the two best teams in the country and the seeding should have had them playing this much later.

Congrats to the team, you made us proud.

I think everyone here will agree we got screwed. Any Akron team in that position is going to get screwed because they are outside the system and the big boys will pull rank to keep us down. That is just the way it is, nobody will be pulling for us to be on top, we'll get puched and kicked every step of the way.

With that said, WHAT A SEASON! Zips soccer has absolutely nothing to hang it's head over. Against all odds they went from being unranked to holding onto the top spot nationally for a month. They made a run to the elite 8 and got beat in OT by a national powerhouse. We've got Lolla locked in and I think we get most of the team back next season right? Akron soccer got lots of media attention and I would imagine we'll be pulling in some amazing recruiting classes! I've got a feeling we'll be back in the Tourney next season!

THANK YOU AKRON SOCCER!!

:bow::thumb::rock::cheers::CK_brew:

Interesting thing to note in the media coverage section...the day after the MACC there was a column on other sports in the PD and the headline was OSU dominates Big Ten soccer post season awards or something and the second paragraph down was oh year Akron's Ross McKenzie was the player of the year in the MAC and local product Evan Bush was freshman of the year.

That kind of pissed me off -- especially since we smacked them in soccer.

Do you ever wonder how the articles would look if Akron takes down OSU in 2007? It'll be a first year QB at Akron and a first year QB (that is supposed to be all world) at OSU. It will be interesting with almost alll of the players on the two deep back along with Jabari, Kemme (RT), Kasparek, Dennis Kennedy and Joe McDaniel - Kevin Grant, Chris Brown, JOhn Mackey, Brandon Andersona and Chevin Pace all back from this year's team.