Watch Linhart play tonight...right now

RootforRoo44

Sorry I didn't put this in the Linhart thread, didn't want anyone to miss it.

Go to here. Game starts pretty soon, live from South Padre Island, TX in the 2011 NBDL Showcase. The game before it just ended so it's running a little late

If you're having trouble, go here and click on "Futurecast" in the scoreboard at right.

Solid game for Nate. His team won their fifth straight.

He had 12 points, including a big three pointer when his team was down two with under two minutes to play, 3 boards, 1 assist, 1 steal, 2 blocks, and only two turnovers in over 28 minutes of play.

Nate's steal and one of his blocks came on Antoine Walker. Walker had TEN turnovers in the game. :rofl:

Solid game for Nate. His team won their fifth straight.

He had 12 points, including a big three pointer when his team was down two with under two minutes to play, 3 boards, 1 assist, 1 steal, 2 blocks, and only two turnovers in over 28 minutes of play.

Nate's steal and one of his blocks came on Antoine Walker. Walker had TEN turnovers in the game. :rofl:

Man, I wished I had watched this if only to see Nate getting the better of 'Toine. That's hilarious.

I watched quite a bit of the game last night and even though Nate looked good, I was concerned with how he was being used by the team. With as bad as the Cavs are playing right now and the amount of injuries they sustained, this is Nate's best chance to get a shot in the NBA. On offense it appeared that he was not part of the game plan. He stood around outside of the three point circle while the team tried to work the ball down low to the other big men. No plays were run where he was an option. Most of his points came in transition or after an offensive rebound. The next few weeks will tell us whether the Cavs think he is NBA worthy or he is just someone to fill a spot on the roster of a D-league team in order to showcase some other player. I hope he is having fun. :)

The next few weeks will tell us whether the Cavs think he is NBA worthy or he is just someone to fill a spot on the roster of a D-league team in order to showcase some other player. I hope he is having fun. :)

Who would he be showcasing? Seems like he's the best player on the team.

Maybe this guy.

Alabi Returns to BayHawks

Toronto center reassigned to Erie

Erie, Pennsylvania, Thursday, January 6 – The Toronto Raptors have reassigned center Solomon Alabi to their NBA Development League Affiliate, the Erie BayHawks. Alabi (7-1, 250 lbs) is on his second assignment with Erie this season.

During Alabi’s first stint in Erie he started all seven games he appeared in and averaged 8.6 points, 6.7 rebounds and 3.0 blocked shots in 22.9 minutes per game. He has appeared in just five games for the Raptors this season playing a total of 15 minutes.

Alabi, a rookie out of Florida State, will participate in the team’s practice on Thursday and be in uniform for Erie on Friday night.

Alabi was selected in the second round, 50th overall, of the 2010 NBA draft by the Dallas Mavericks and traded that night to Toronto.

The BayHawks (11-6) return home Friday night to face the Sioux Falls Skyforce (2-12) at 7 pm, when former BayHawks guard Maureece Rice is expected to be in uniform for the Skyforce after being dealt from Erie earlier this week.

I watched quite a bit of the game last night and even though Nate looked good, I was concerned with how he was being used by the team. With as bad as the Cavs are playing right now and the amount of injuries they sustained, this is Nate's best chance to get a shot in the NBA. On offense it appeared that he was not part of the game plan. He stood around outside of the three point circle while the team tried to work the ball down low to the other big men. No plays were run where he was an option. Most of his points came in transition or after an offensive rebound. The next few weeks will tell us whether the Cavs think he is NBA worthy or he is just someone to fill a spot on the roster of a D-league team in order to showcase some other player. I hope he is having fun. :)

Yeah I've noticed the same in the two games i've watched of him. Though the thing about the NBDL is, it's just a showcase for guards to dribble around a lot and force up shots. There isn't much ball movement to begin with and each game resembles the NBA All-Star game. I wouldn't worry too much about him not having the offense run through him either, was it ever run through him even at Akron? His defense and energy have to be his selling points to the Cavs. And though last night wasn't his best game defensively, he has been very good this year on D.

Seeing how Nate has done after college, it's no surprise that the team he led won the MAC tournament title. As a side point, has Akron ever had a player in the NBA? I know the answer on this one.

Bill Turner

Figures you'd know. :) But, yep, Bill Turner was actually drafted and played in the NBA for six years and is the only Zips player to ever play in the NBA. Played for the Zips in the 60's. Of course, Jakubick was drafted by the Cavaliers in I think 1984, but was cut and never played for them. This was back when the NBA draft lasted longer than two rounds.

Seeing how Nate has done after college, it's no surprise that the team he led won the MAC tournament title. As a side point, has Akron ever had a player in the NBA? I know the answer on this one.

Bill Turner

Figures you'd know. :) But, yep, Bill Turner was actually drafted and played in the NBA for six years and is the only Zips player to ever play in the NBA. Played for the Zips in the 60's. Of course, Jakubick was drafted by the Cavaliers in I think 1984, but was cut and never played for them. This was back when the NBA draft lasted longer than two rounds.

Well let's hope Nate is our second.

Btw, I have a new feature coming out soon on ASN. It starts off with a Q&A with Nate. I'll post it soon.

Bill Turner

Well let's hope Nate is our second.

Btw, I have a new feature coming out soon on ASN. It starts off with a Q&A with Nate. I'll post it soon.

Donnie Williams might have had a shot too, but he tried out for the NFL instead.

Just got DirecTV today, and Nate was tearing them up tonight. Very neat seeing him play again. Looks like he may have put on 5 or 6 ounces, too... lol

You just never know, as awful as the Cadavers are, he might see time on the big league team this year. Especially with the injuries...

This topic makes me wonder--why don't we see an occasional "Where Are They Now" update on the jumbotron during home games. There should be decent footage available from Nate's and Wood's pro play, for example, as well as others. Too much work to put it togetehr, or get the approval to use the footage? But even if you don't use lie footage, why not at elast throw up the info and stats?

Of course, that might take time away from the video car race.

This topic makes me wonder--why don't we see an occasional "Where Are They Now" update on the jumbotron during home games. There should be decent footage available from Nate's and Wood's pro play, for example, as well as others. Too much work to put it togetehr, or get the approval to use the footage? But even if you don't use lie footage, why not at elast throw up the info and stats?

That's a really good idea BirdZip. It would be far more interesting than their usual live footage of some unsuspecting fan picking her nose and not realizing she's on camera for the entirety of a timeout. Also, it might help to give less knowledgeable or new fans of Zips Basketball a sense of the winning tradition this program has built, as evidenced by the success of Zips Basketball Alumni. Even if there were some issue with replaying their professional footage they could replay some memorable moments from their college career and post their professional stats with a photo.

Not to get too off topic, but just to throw another idea out there, what about some type of "This moment in Akron history" clip? I think that would help to elevate the energy from the audience in the JAR, especially if they mix the video with a recording of one of French's frantic and emotional radio calls from the specific moment.

That's a really good idea BirdZip. It would be far more interesting than their usual live footage of some unsuspecting fan picking her nose and not realizing she's on camera for the entirety of a timeout. Also, it might help to give less knowledgeable or new fans of Zips Basketball a sense of the winning tradition this program has built, as evidenced by the success of Zips Basketball Alumni. Even if there were some issue with replaying their professional footage they could replay some memorable moments from their college career and post their professional stats with a photo.

Not to get too off topic, but just to throw another idea out there, what about some type of "This moment in Akron history" clip? I think that would help to elevate the energy from the audience in the JAR, especially if they mix the video with a recording of one of French's frantic and emotional radio calls from the specific moment.

Send those ideas to the AD. Seriously.

• 1 month later...

Another heads up to ZN.o, you can watch Nate Linhart play tonight at Tulsa at 8:00 pm. Here's the link, just click "Futurecast" next to Erie@Tulsa after 8:00 pm to watch. The 66ers have OSU alum Byron Mullens and my personal fav. UAB alum Robert "Darth" Vaden.

Nate has played pretty well over the last month, his averages are now up to 11ppg and 6rpg, though he has had 3+ turnovers in seven of his last 10 games. I hope he can continue to play good D and have a big game here and there offensively to warrant a call up sometime before season's end.