If we couldn't get Chris Wells...

There's always a chance... trust me everyone here understands how slim that chance is... BUT crazier things have happened. The fact that JD runs a very similar offense to the "running back friendly" offense of the Denver Broncos helps us out alot. As well JD coaching in PA and having alot of players he knows by playing against them already on the team from PA. The team at Akron is very close nit and has a very team oriegnted attitude, could be a good fit for a guy who needs support not only as a teammate and as a student. Let me reitterate I realize how big of a steal this ould be and what the chances are of this happening 99 percent NO, BUT I also believe that it's worth discussing because there is that 1 percent chance that it could happen.......................................................The chances seem to be even higher according some of the posts. BTW with the class we have already Akron is going to dominate the MAC for at least the next four years. With McCoy this class could take us BCS in 4 years. Specifically the year where our only non-conference games are Army, Syracuse and Kentuckey... I think thats 2008.

I realize how big of a steal this ould be and what the chances are of this happening 99 percent NO, BUT I also believe that it's worth discussing because there is that 1 percent chance that it could happen.
FYI: I don't post "1-percenters." (Not trying to be a dick here, I just couldn't figure out a more tactful way to phrase it)Take it to the bank that the possibility is very real. "Guaranteed?" No, I can't say that. But the odds are very realistic.

if he would sign with us tomorrow i think he will be here when school starts in august. If his grades arent good enough he would be a prop, like Jose Cruz who also came from Bishop McDirvett as well. The MAC is one of the few conferences that allows their schools to take props. So if he does sign with us i see him leaving the prep school and coming here in the fall although he would not be able to play until the following season.

Does this sound like a pipe dream? Yes. But so does Getsy hitting Hixon from 40 yards out to beat NIU after Wolfe gained 8000 yards as does the Zips battling back to close within a touchdown of Memphis in the last 5 minutes.BELIEVE THAT ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD!And if we don't get him, we still have a great recruiting class, a coach we believe in, a very good QB, and a great stadium. Well, 3 out of 4 with plans to correct the 4th.

Wow, Penn State fans really hate this kid. Apparently there are rumors going around about him getting into a fight with Michael Robinson and/or other players at a visitation day and many see him as an attitude problem. I'm starting to wonder if we don't get him for the wrong reasons. If anyone is looking for a link just run a google search on "Penn State Message Board" and you will find boards with a thread or two with info on this.

Based on a Google news search this morning, it doesn't look promising for McCoy unless he has everyone bamboozled.An official announcement is expected today, as is one from another top recruit. LeSean McCoy wasn't even expected to declare his intentions because he won't be academically eligible to start classes until next January.But the former Bishop McDevitt (Harrisburg) running back who now attends Milford Academy in New Berlin, N.Y., has decided to divulge his choice from a list that's been narrowed to Penn State, Southern Cal and Virginia Tech.

We need to forget about the guy and hope for some other good recruits because he has about a .0000000000000001% chance of coming to Akron. Everybody on here got all excited about Wells and I was chuckling about that as well. Someone is just starting a rumor to pull your chains. He is more than likely going to be a Hokie.

We need to forget about the guy and hope for some other good recruits because he has about a .0000000000000001% chance of coming to Akron. Everybody on here got all excited about Wells and I was chuckling about that as well. Someone is just starting a rumor to pull your chains. He is more than likely going to be a Hokie.
Nobody ever said Wells was coming to Akron. I reported on here that Wells visited Akron and attended an Akron bowl practice. He did, and that's easy to confirm if you know anyone in the football program (obviously you don't).The story with McCoy isn't just a rumor either. Zips coaches have been in contact with him and have gotten some surprisingly positive feedback. Maybe Cap knows more but thats the info i got.

I like the class that JD has brought in so far today, this will only solidfy us before we make our jump to the Big East. We have the facilities (new stadium eventually), now we just need the same support we got at the Motor City Bowl. There are Big Ten Schools that love to have the class we are bringing in this year!Lets face it although an outside chance, I just dont see McCoy coming, even though I would love it and probably leave work for the day to celebrate- Would that technically be the firts 5 star to ever sign with a MAC school?