A New Intro for the Final Game

sgm405

I have been thinking about this for awhile. Is there any way we could get a special player introduction for the Akron-Can't State season finale? I think a big key to that game will be the 6th man....a wild, crazy, noisy Zips crowd being a factor like never before. Why not do something special? Here's what I'm thinking...1. Play the usual Undertaker music for Can't's introductions. I like that part a lot.2. When the intros are done, wait a few seconds…let the crowd kind of buzz a little. 3. Begin a pre-made video montage. Find video clips (with audio) and or pictures from the Zips athletic season. I’d want videos/photos from soccer season, track season, football season…everything from the re-birth of Akron Zips athletics. Maybe even throw a bit of the Chris Berman clip in there.The video clip from the hail mary at the MAC Title game, with audio, is a must. 4. After the clips from the other sports, show clips from the basketball season…your basic highlight reel. If possible, include some audio from Steve French or from the ONN commentators. 5. Behind these video clips and pictures should be some good music…I personally love the music from Remember the Titans, “Titans Scoreâ€. 6. Fade out…7. Simultaneously, show the Fearsome Zippy logo on the big screen and begin the normal Sirius theme, and if possible, kill the lights. I’m not sure if we have some kind of spotlight, but it was be a great effect. Does this seem like a lot? Yes, it does. But tell me it wouldn’t be effective in pumping the players and crowd up. Tell me it wouldn’t be a reminder to Can't State fans and players that things have changed in the Mid American Conference athletic world. If things shake out how most predict they will, the MAC Regular Season title will be on the line for at least one of these two teams on March 4th, probably both. It will be the biggest regular season game held in the JAR in years. Let’s give these players who have worked their asses off an appreciation of their work with the least we can do…a big time introduction to the biggest game of the year.UAM, or anyone else who might be able to set this up…me and my buddy have access to video editing equipment and would be willing to do this for free if someone would provide us with the audio/video/pictures that we would need. I’m assuming it’s all being saved somewhere. Let me know, and for everyone else, what do you think? Like the idea? Ways to make it better?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, this is GENIUS!! I am an usher for the basketball games, Ive worked every one except two this year, and I can honestly say this would pump the crowd up so much. Seriously, if somebody could pull this off, I think it would make a huge difference. Picturing that scene you described, compared to the usual stuff, it would just be so amazing. Especially if everybody wasnt expecting it. You should tell more people about this!

Thanks for the response guys. Chris, since you work at the JAR, do you think there's any way to kill the lights and have some kind of lighting or spotlight? Like I said before, if the people in charge of everything want to do this and can provide video/audio/pictures to me, we can edit all of the video and put it all together....my buddy does independant work and has the best video editing programs out there, so we could get it done.Any other thoughts?

Make sure you add all the highlights of your victories against K ent. Oh wait.......
Well if the video is a success, we'll make sure to add the March 4th, 2006 highlights of our victory over Can't to win the MAC regular season title on next year's tape....thanks for the reminder Antonio! :cheers:

I really love this idea!!! Although I don't think the lights idea will work because I don't think they can be turned on and off so quickly without potential damage.The one thing that MUST happen is we MUST have the fans and students in the seats. I am not kidding when i tell you that the Can't fans are buying up our tickets in droves. In the past they were quite vocal due to sheer numbers.I will be purchasing 10-12 tickets tomorrow. I am telling family and friends that I have already purchased the tickets so they feel obligated to go.Those of you that are alumni, contact the alumni department for special pricing of $10 including a breakfast at the student center before the game. :rock::screwks::screwks::screwks: :macc:

Thanks for the response guys. Chris, since you work at the JAR, do you think there's any way to kill the lights and have some kind of lighting or spotlight? Like I said before, if the people in charge of everything want to do this and can provide video/audio/pictures to me, we can edit all of the video and put it all together....my buddy does independant work and has the best video editing programs out there, so we could get it done.Any other thoughts?
I dont think I could really do anything. Im just an usher, we really dont have any part in how the lighting and stuff is set up. We just show up, do nothing, watch the game, and go home! Its great stuff. I make good money and get to watch the game in the front row. I really really hope there arent more damn Can't fans than Akron there though. If we cant even have a fan advantage in our own arena, then there is a problem.

Remaining games:Can't (12-2) -- (1) at BG (2) Miami (3) Ohio (4) at Akron.Akron (12-2) - (1) at Miami (2) Ohio (3) at Buffalo (4) Can'tNeither team can look past any of the rest of their schedule...it's just my belief that Akron and Can't are the two best teams in the MAC and that one or both teams will be playing for the MAC regular season title in that final matchup. Funny, you claim we're looking past Miami, then state that you'll be cutting the nets down here after the final game...wouldnt that mean YOU are looking past Miami as a Can't fan?Idiot... :screwks:

Video highlight reel is a GREAT GREAT idea whose time has come. It's all about maximizing entertainment value. And getting the home crowd riled up big time. I was at a SD Padres game last year. Before their games they have a fantastic intro. Each player is shown hitting HR's or making diving catches with area landmarks as a digital backdrop. The Tribe has a similar presentation. While not as flushy it's still very good. B)

That is if we don't clinch it before the 4th.  Watch out Akron, you seem to be looking past Miami.  BIG mistake!!!!!!
You may have been able to clinch if you hadn't lost to the worst team in the MAC east on your home floor. Don't worry that game will be for the championship and too bad for you and your precious flushes Romeo will be walking off the court with the championship. :screwks:

I liked last year's "Let's Get It Started" highlight film... the video is timed so that Romeo dunks right on the beat of the music and it adds emphasis to the visual of the dunk.
I agree. That was very well done last year. I’m a little disappointed with this year’s version, not sure I understand the change.I also wonder why they ditched the Rachael Rush taped pre-game interviews while people were coming into the arena. I thought those were pretty good and a nice way to use the scoreboard in addition to highlights during early warm-ups.Overall though, the use of the scoreboard has really improved this year.

Um...that's why they spend hunderds of thousands of dollars for the SIDE scoreboards!!! :rolleyes: As for the comment above about the Padres game. You don't have to go as far to see something even better: Jacobs Field in Cleveland has a SCHA-WEET intro video on a BEAUTIFUL HD-like wide screen scorebaord.....by far the best in the majors! :rock:

Um...that's why they spend hunderds of thousands of dollars for the SIDE scoreboards!!! :rolleyes:
I sit in the middle of the court. :rolleyes: I am constantly looking forward. :rolleyes: If the sole reason statistical leaders aren't shown on the center scoreboard is the existance of the end scoreboards, then I think the end scoreboards were a waste of "hundreds of thousands of dollars." They might as well be placed in the lobby as far as I'm concerned.Beyond not being in the primary line-of-sight of the majority of the patrons, the end scorboards are extremely limited in the information they can show a one time. The graphics capability, visibility and level of information that can be shown on the overhead scoreboard blows away the end ones. I'm happy the overhead scoreboard is now being used for more than the live video feed of the games going on directly below...like they were for a couple years...but there is still room left to maximize their capability.Using your logic, why does the central scoreboard show time outs, the time remaining and the game score. Hey, it's already on the end scoreboards, right? Why repeat the information? :rolleyes: There is no other arena with an overhead scoreboard as nice as ours that doesn't place information regarding statistical leaders on it. :rolleyes:

R U SERIOUS!!!??? Why do they show TOs, time remaining and game score in the center when it is on the side??!!! BECAUSE THAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO THE AVERAGE FAN!!!! Sure, I would like to see some stats, but let's see, I thinkg the SCORE, oh and the GAME CLOCK might be a bit more important. It is therefore more prominent!!! Besides on the sideboards you get player's points and fouls. The other reason you have a game clock and TOs left is for the officials, That is something the average fan doesn't think about. The official is responsibile for the accurate start and stop of the game and shot clock. They can't see it when it is above their head!!!i can't belive that you are complaining about turning your head 22 degrees to the right or the left to see the stats!!! Man, does someone wipe your A$$ for you??!!! LOL!! :lol: j/kBesides, I know we will all agree that it could be much worse: we could have Can't State's scoreboard system!!!!! It SUCKS!!! Just like the team, the school and Assholio Gates!!! :macc: :screwks:

I know for me personally, every game Ive worked this year Ive been down on the steps next to the front row, and its much easier for me to look at the side scoreboards instead of craning my neck way up to look at the big screen up top. I think more people in the reserved seats may look at the side boards than you think. Its only easy to look up at the big board if youre in the upper level.