Friday Pregame

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Clevelander was dead when i stopped by around 4 but that was a bit early. Wilbert's was AMAZING. Thanks to everyone that came out, there were probably 40+ Zips fans there by 6:30.

Also, I talked to the owner and they will be opening their doors at 2pm tomorrow for Zips fans. 2 dollar domestic bottles, 2 dollar 18 oz Labatt Blue drafts, 3 dollar bombs, 4 dollar irish car bombs, 9.99 half slab of ribs with salad and fries, and more....ALL NIGHT.

It's only steps from the Clevelander and has owners that actually respect Zips fans. Stop by before the game, you won't be disappointed.

Wilberts maybe a little too exciting?

The Clevelander was WAY too small. Period. If we were going to have a new place this year, could we have at least gone for something equal or an upgrade? Very disappointing.

Some of the comments I am reading are amazing. My group ended up going to other places on Saturday. But until I read these posts, I didn't realize that so many other people were doing the same thing.

I think it's extremely disappointing that we can't rely on our school to look out for us. Then again, UA is the same entity that brings us the legendary JAR gameday experience. But what the heck?

How hard is this? Target a large enough, reputable place in vicinity of arena. Let Jim Tressel make one freaking phone call and bam. Done.

p.s. I had a great time at Wilberts. It's always been a great bar with great music (played Black Keys!!). But I would have much preferred a larger all Zip fan environment.

The Clevelander was WAY too small. Period. If we were going to have a new place this year, could we have at least gone for something equal or an upgrade? Very disappointing.

Some of the comments I am reading are amazing. My group ended up going to other places on Saturday. But until I read these posts, I didn't realize that so many other people were doing the same thing.

• 2 months later...
The Tilted Kilt is now open next to the casion. I have just discovered the new home of the Zips for the MAC tournament in 13.

At least, that is where I will be...

What an awesome establishment!! Those bastards (owners) stole all of my ideas for how to run a bar.

It has my vote :thumb: