Darren Mattocks goal

Check out this goal by Mattocks in extra time....(Nanchoff congratulating), fast forward to around the 6:30 mark.

Air Mattocks

The article is funny referring to it as a header. I watched it live on MLS Direct Kick...it didn't seem to be a header. Darren jumped so high, it deflected off his chest as you can see in the video and picture. Perhaps he did get a little chin on it, but it slowly goes into the goal as opposed to giving it some extra momentum with his head.

The article is funny referring to it as a header. I watched it live on MLS Direct Kick...it didn't seem to be a header. Darren jumped so high, it deflected off his chest as you can see in the video and picture. Perhaps he did get a little chin on it, but it slowly goes into the goal as opposed to giving it some extra momentum with his head.

He chinned it in. :lol:

In no way does that diminish the quality of the score, or the requisite athleticism to execute it.

He chinned it in. :lol:

In no way does that diminish the quality of the score, or the requisite athleticism to execute it.

Absolutely agree. Although, in the still shot, it looks like he climbed the Keeper's back as opposed to jumping as high as he did. :)

Or defender's back, but the point is still taken (the Keeper looks to have whiffed on the one handed punch!)

You're right...the defender's back. My bad. That's what I get for hastily posting.

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2012/07/jump-jump-and-get

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2012/07/mattocks-makes-orbit

Or defender's back, but the point is still taken (the Keeper looks to have whiffed on the one handed punch!)

Was it the defender's back?

Old school technique is two-handed punch ONLY.

Yes, Mattocks' knees on defender's back.