Poll Watch 2/25/13

ZachTheZip

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 9 spots away from being the best DAMN basketball team in Ohio.... ooooh would that be sweet

If OSWho didn't have such a over-bloated preseason ranking, WE'D BE AHEAD OF THEM RIGHT NOW !!

Look at it this way. The Suckeyes are only 2-7 against ranked opponents.

I'd like to think that we would win more than 2 out of 9 games if we had the opportunity to play that many ranked teams. And I'm sure they had the luxury of playing a fairly even amount of those games both at home and on the road.

If OSWho didn't have such a over-bloated preseason ranking, WE'D BE AHEAD OF THEM RIGHT NOW !!

Look at it this way. The Suckeyes are only 2-7 against ranked opponents.

I'd like to think that we would win more than 2 out of 9 games if we had the opportunity to play that many ranked teams. And I'm sure they had the luxury of playing a fairly even amount of those games both at home and on the road.

Seriously dude, you just can't enjoy Akron's success.

You have some major issues.

What a great day to be a member of the Zips Nation!

The funny thing about rankings that never seem to pan out...a 24 ranking indicates you are a 6 seed. Yet if we win out and are ranked in the top 20 at the end of the year I doubt we'll get better than a 10 seed (a 40th ranking!).

The OU game is so big on Wednesday! I hope this team doesn't let this go to their head and walks into Athens with a chip on the shoulder knowing they need to walk out of their with a victory.

What a great day to be a member of the Zips Nation!

The funny thing about rankings that never seem to pan out...a 24 ranking indicates you are a 6 seed. Yet if we win out and are ranked in the top 20 at the end of the year I doubt we'll get better than a 10 seed (a 40th ranking!).

The OU game is so big on Wednesday! I hope this team doesn't let this go to their head and walks into Athens with a chip on the shoulder knowing they need to walk out of their with a victory.

+1

We are ranked higher than Kentucky and North Carolina...wow...never thought I'd see the day.

Folks, some of you might not get the sense of where I'm coming from here, but I can remember when we hoped to be ranked above Philadelphia Textile and Cheyney State. Keith Dambrot, you've come a long way, baby! :bow:

Hate to be Captain Buzzkill here, but this means very little if we crap our pants down the stretch. We haven't arrived by any stretch of the imaginzation until we close this thing out and go on a run in the NCAAs. Nice little feather in our cap at this point, but there are much bigger feathers to have your sights set on.

I don't know. Winning the soccer NC was pretty sweet.

While that was nice, it isn't remotely as satisfying. Soccer is a 2nd thought for most, while basketball is the 2nd most popular sport in college athletics. This basketball run has done more in raising the profile of our universities athletics programs than winning soccer titles ever will.

While that was nice, it isn't remotely as satisfying. Soccer is a 2nd thought for most, while basketball is the 2nd most popular sport in college athletics. This basketball run has done more in raising the profile of our universities athletics programs than winning soccer titles ever will.

Soccer is meaningless in the US except for those who participate.

Last year the World Cup was on TV, and all everyone kept saying on Facebook was:

I wish someone would win so this would be over and off TV.

The soccer NC was not just a second thought for me!!!!!!! In college athletics, very few things sound as nice as:

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!

+1, and I bet LP makes it +2.

I go to med school outside of Ohio with a couple guys who are from large, distinguished universities around the country. When they found out I went to Akron, they commented how great it must have been to go to a "soccer school" and they were familiar with the Rowdies and their chants from youtube. Soccer does matter.

Interesting. Up to 13 million people watched the World Cup.

And that was how many games? And how many watched the ONE Superbowl game?

And how many of the supposed 13 million watched it because their regular programming was pre-empted.

Professional soccer has been tried several times in this country, and it never gets any real traction.

+1.

I am glad people found pride the soccer NC, but it didn't really do anything for me since I'm just not a fan of the sport.

FWIW, none of my (non Zip fan) sports friends looked me up to offer congrats for the NC, but many sent kudos my way for cracking the top 25. No disrespect intended for our soccer fans, but this basketball run means more in almost any way you can measure it.

And that was how many games? And how many watched the ONE Superbowl game?

And how many of the supposed 13 million watched it because their regular programming was pre-empted.

Professional soccer has been tried several times in this country, and it never gets any real traction.

Here's a guy that is from a different vintage who has never seen a Seattle Sounders home game.

If I won the lottery, I'd buy an MLS team as an investment in a heartbeat! The MLS is here to stay.