Non-MAC tournaments

Tomorrow marks the beginning of March Madness with conference tournaments kicking off. Both the Big South and the Horizon league have their first rounds, and Akron has some major RPI-related stakes in both of them. Cleveland State plays at UIC in the Horizon League first round. A win really helps there. Also, UNC-Asheville plays Longwood and Coastal Carolina hosts Liberty in the first round of the Big South tournament. Both are favored tomorrow.

Conference tournaments can be great RPI boosters because in general every time you advance, you play an opponent with a better record.

~~~~~~▄▌▐▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▌

~~~▄▄██▌█ ░░░░░▐ Cargo: SEC

▄▄▄▌▐██▌█ ░░░▐ Destination: NIT

███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▌

▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀

lol, just thought this was totally funny - even for MAC fans.

I'm looking forward to the Atlantic 10 Tournament. It could be the most competitive mid major conference tournament this year with up to 5 teams that could win it all if things go their way.

I agree, the A10 is probably the most balanced conference this year with their new additions. I've seen a lot of Temple and VCU and both feature great guard play and are a lot of fun to watch. And you have to feel good about the rise of St. Louis who dedicated their season to big Rick. VCU's constant pressure can really wear a team down in the 2H as it did with Richmond last night. Hell, even St Joe and St Bonny can reach up and bite someone if they don't bring their A game.

Detroit and MT fell in their respective conferences. MT is getting an at-large, so someone's bubble just busted. NDSU is hanging in there in the Summit, with a tough matchup with W. Ill.

Not sure where to come out on the Gonzaga-SMU game today. I'd honestly consider rooting for SMU as a bubble team fan hopeful.