The Worst Football Schedule Ever

KingZip

Five of the first six games on the road and only one home game in the first 7 weeks of the season? What kind of bullshit is that for the defending league champ? Looks like we are continuing to get the shaft, epecially with all of those games on ESPNU - who sees that network? Where are the national TV games that we were promised after winning the MAC title last year? After starting on the road against two BCS schools we have to go to CMU, a team which beat us last year, then come back against a North Texas team that has been to bowl games in three of the last four seasons? Four of the five home games come after fall break, which means more shitty weather for us fans. That ought to really drive some season ticket sales. I was pretty optimistic about next season until I saw this piece of crap effort - I was hoping that we would get some resepct but that is what I get for thinking it could not get any worse than that piece of crap they gave us last season. Does anyone else remember the crap crowd for Eastern back in 2001 when the game was played the day after Thanksgiving? At least the Can't game was a rival game and had a chance to draw a crowd, this game on the 24th is the worst dog ever.Complete bullshit.Saturday September 2 at Penn State State College, PaSaturday September 9 at N.C. State Saturday September 16 at Central Michigan*Saturday September 23 NORTH TEXASSaturday September 30 at Can't State*Saturday October 7 at CincinnatiSaturday October 21 MIAMI* Saturday October 28 at Toledo* Saturday November 4 BOWLING GREEN* Thursday November 9 BUFFALO Thursday November 16 at Ohio Athens, Ohio ESPNU 7:30 p.m.Friday November 24 WESTERN MICHIGAN Thursday November 30 MAC Championship Game Detroit, Mich. ESPN 7:30 p.m.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time I look at this schedule I feel more sick than the previous viewing. What moron signed off on playing five of the first six games on the fricking road? Buffalo and Ohio as the only TV games? If this is what we get after winning a league title imagine what we would get if we were not? As the favorite for the MAC East we are getting the worst possible run. Do not count on CMU being an easy game because after those first two games our boys are going to be beat up pretty bad. The only good thing about this schedule is the open date in the middle of the schedule instead of being at the first.

King, just like in the NFL, when you win you get a more difficult schedule. IMHO, this reflects this. My thinking is as follows: we have to play the teams in our division again and opposite venue from last year(no choice), we get the two better Michigan teams, we get Toledo (whom we have not played for quite some timeand is one of the better MAC teams year in and year out), we get a very difficult non-conference schedule , all of which we stand to possibly lose.Were you expecting cream puffs?? Should the MAC reward our year following a championship eason with the buffalo's/ball states/easterns? Yes we need W's for respectibility but we dont need Howard, Cal Poly and that other D-1a that almost kicked our ass 3 years ago. This program needs respectability and to be able to show character. Let me remind you of a few years ago schedule: Wisconsin, Maryland, Virginia Connecticut, the MAC east, and then some puffs. The program has crawled to where it is now, now its time to get up and try and walk and perhaps run. I hope you were not the suggester of playing Mount Union. By the way, I love you too man! :gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun:

VERY disappointed."National television again figures prominently in this year's schedule, with 27 confirmed national television appearances on either ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU or ESPN Classic. Additional television games could be added with the release of the ABC schedule later this summer."The defending MAC Champs got 2 of those 27 TV games.Here are some highlights of teams other than the Zips getting the national spotlight:Boston College at Central Michigan - ESPN2, 6:00Kansas at Toledo - ESPN2, 8:00Bowling Green at Central Michigan - ESPNU, 7:30Western Michigan at Central Michigan - ESPN Classic or ESPNUBall State at Toledo - ESPN2, 7:00 Central Michigan at Northern Illinois - ESPNUFOUR, count them, FOUR TV games for CMU. We got screwed. This is awful. Terrible schedule and NO love from TV. Also, found this interesting: Nov. 30 Thursday, 7:30 (or) Dec. 3 Sunday, 8:00 - ESPN Marathon MAC Championship game at Ford Field in Detroit No respect for the :macc:

There's only one thing to do about it. KICK SOME A$$ and wake some fukkers upOur part is to fill the freakin stands to the hilt.So, let's beat Penn and NCstate then. Am I being delusional? Fukk no! Why are they on the schedule if we can't win?

Why did we agree to this bullshit from the MAC? WE HAVE VETO POWER. If I were Rhoades the second they handed us this bs I would've handed it right back. And Chryst is a complete f*cking asshole sticking us with no ESPN or ESPN2 games. Who the hell does he think he is? We're the fucking champions. If I ever see that moron I am going to punch him in the face and I'll take my couple nights in jail for it.

If we get through the first half ok, we are set up for the 2nd half of the year with a lot of home games. I would have liked having the CMU game at the end and WMU in the beginning, but so be it. We get a good bye week before Miami, roads trips are fairly reasonable this year, non conference schedule is not a bear. Maybe WMU moves to Thanksgiving Day? My biggest worry in seeing the schedule was the short week until the MACC. North TX also a good pick up especially if we got it as a 1 for 0.

This will light a fire under our team and it better light a fire under the zipsnation. What does that mean? Let's kick some serious ____ on the field especially them pocket rocket clown bimbos. Let's be the beginning of the end of Paterno's career. Let's crush Mike Thomas' and co's team with the monster he created. Let's destroy Can't's will to play football. And most importantly, build this dang stadium for chrisakes. The reason we are not getting the big tv games is because they probably saw what a dump the ruberbowl is. Look at the Glassbowl versus the RB. We will not get our respect after backing into the championship game and barely winning it, but lets dominate next year and show the doubters that the zipnation is for real.Let's see what JD and his guys are really made of.

Here is a way to look at this schedule. Look at it as an opportunity, a big opportunity. We have three shots at getting our coveted BCS win. We have an opportunity to face Toledo, the team that has defined MAC football. A win there would go far. We have an opportunity to finally bear the hated Redhawks in our house, with them having some key losses. None will be easy of course, but the road to the next step is never an easy one.

This will light a fire under our team and it better light a fire under the zipsnation. What does that mean? Let's kick some serious ____ on the field especially them pocket rocket clown bimbos. Let's be the beginning of the end of Paterno's career. Let's crush Mike Thomas' and co's team with the monster he created. Let's destroy Can't's will to play football. And most importantly, build this dang stadium for chrisakes. The reason we are not getting the big tv games is because they probably saw what a dump the ruberbowl is. Look at the Glassbowl versus the RB. We will not get our respect after backing into the championship game and barely winning it, but lets dominate next year and show the doubters that the zipnation is for real.Let's see what JD and his guys are really made of.
Can't still has the will to play football? Could have fooled me.I agree the schedule sucks but it is what it is. All the pissin and moanin in the world isn't gonna change it. Lets just go out there and take care of business.

we have veto power? explain please. oh, and i'll happily contribute towards your bail fund.
The way I understand it, each MAC school has the power to veto once the schedule that the league puts out. The danger with it is, and why most teams don't do that, is if you veto the league can turn around and give you an even shitier schedule and then you're stuck with it because you already used your veto. Teams have used vetos in the past, as was the case last year when Can't was originally supposed to be our season opener (we had a bye week instead week 1 last year if you remember), and then somebody vetoed the MAC schedule and they redid it. Being that our schedule couldn't possibly get any worse, I don't see what we'd have to lose by vetoing this bullshit.

Hate to say it, but hang this crap right on the new staff...........were they afraid to offend their peers (the other AD offices) by standing up for UA?Some weeks ago I ran into UAM, and he was "giddy" about the upcoming season's schedule...........what with slipping the K SU ticket into our packets as a "home game" and all...............what the hell happened between then and yesterday? Did our guys cave on us?I feel really bad for the players.............pump them up as we will try to do, this is a dog.

Thanks for the quick response. I put a link to this board over at GoMeanGreen.com. I'm sure there will be plenty of discussion before the season starts. I remember that Akron won at least a share of the MAC title and played Memphis really tough in a bowl game (we know that those guys can play, they beat us in the New Orleans Bowl in '03 without Deangelo Williams) last season. It'll definitely be a tough one. Feel free to come chat anytime.Oh, and my partner during my internship last summer was a Can't St. student...I was constantly reminding her that :screwks: . See ya.

I really don’t see what the big stink is regarding the schedule. The weekday games suck, but in general it is pretty competitively balanced.Saturday September 2 at Penn State State College, PaBig deal…we’ve played there several times before. The sky didn’t fall. No one died. Penn State is a tall order for any MAC school at this time, but we have a 5th year senior QB and a bunch of returning starters. And for once, we have a defense that can force punts. PSU is a great start to our season. I look for a game similar to Wisconsin of a couple years back. Saturday September 9 at N.C. State Very good opportunity to beat an ACC school. NC State loses some key players…and to be quite honest…they aren’t an upper-echelon team to begin with. This should be a competitive game, much like the games a few years ago vs. Virginia and UConn. Hopefully JD’s game day savvy carries us where Lee Owens couldn’t.Saturday September 16 at Central MichiganHope no one on our sidelines forgets the blown 17-0 lead from 2005. If you want to compete for a MAC championship you have to win this road game. Will we be beat up after playing two BCS schools? No more than CMU, who opens with Boston College and Michigan. Saturday September 23 NORTH TEXASGood, competitive home opening game. Much like MTSU 2 years ago, but I don’t see a repeat of that outcome. Saturday September 30 at K-ent StateYou’re a fool if you count this as a road game. This is a home game for the Zips. A freaking 7 mile bus trip. And, we’ll have 2X…maybe 3X the fans at that game than K-ent.Saturday October 7 at CincinnatiA second great chance at an OOC BCS win. A four hour bus ride for the Zips ain’t no big thing. Saturday October 21 MIAMI Miami at home, and October 21st should be some decent weather. Assuming the Zips and Miami are tied for 1st in the MAC East, bank on 20K+ for this game.Saturday October 28 at Toledo* FINALLY we get to play Toledo. A tall order to beat them in the Glass Bowl, but if you want to win a championship that’s where the road goes through. 2 hour road trip is sweet.Saturday November 4 BOWLING GREEN* Would have been a HUGE game had Jacobs not left early for the NFL, but still a very big game. Like Miami, it is held on a Saturday which bodes well for tailgating. Hopefully no one is stupid enough to move it to a weeknight if ESPN99 calls.Thursday November 9 BUFFALO This sucks. Freaking lousy opponent, and it is on a weeknight. For what? To be on ESPNU? 99% of the college football fans will be watching the “regular” game on ESPN2. Give me a break. Attendance-wise it will suck. It should have been held on a Saturday, regardless of the Thursday game the following week. It screws the local Akron fans royally.Thursday November 16 at Ohio Athens, Ohio ESPNU 7:30 p.m.Thursday game certainly screws the road trip for most of us. Friday November 24 WESTERN MICHIGAN Very winnable game on our home field to finish the season. That’s what you want. But…FRIDAY? Again, I don’t get the avoidance of Saturday. Yes, the HS playoffs are going on, but screw them. Thursday November 30 MAC Championship Game Detroit, Mich. ESPN 7:30 p.m.Always a fun time. I’ll deal with the Thursday conflicts for this one.From a competitive point of view I really like the schedule. Good OOC chances for wins, and our primary competition’s teams visit the Rubber Bowl on a Saturday. Date-wise, the last two weekday home games really suck. Welcome to the MAC, I guess.Prediction: 7 or less wins = Disappointment8 wins = Expected9+ wins = Start worrying about JD moving on. Hope the new contract and stadium is sufficient motivation for him to hang around Summit County for a couple more years.

Cap...........Paint it however you want, but 1 home game in the first 6 sucks. It's weak.Imagine how these guys (especially the Seniors) will feel loading themselves onto busses every Thursday night or Friday to go into someone else's house. Even if it's just to the east, it's still the other guys joint.I'm afraid by the time we come home for Miami at THE FRIKIN END OF OCTOBER, our guys will be whipped..........even worse if we're trying to dig ourselves out of a 2-4 hole.............Want to predict the attendance for that game? 5K? Yea, we'll be there...........I just don't like it and I suspect nobody sacked up for us.

Captain Kangaroo that is a really nice and positive synopsis of the upcoming season.If the Roos can pull off an upset or two early on they plow right through the seasonlike an unholy terror. Let's hope that they play to their potential every time.Again, I like your positive outlook. It sure beats the hang wringing crowd moaning.