2014 Zips in Pro Leagues Domestic and International

You think he'll still be on the club when they join the MLS?

Depends on how good of a season he has this year. There's always a shot. If he is a player that has a huge impact this year, he could be held over. If he ends up riding the pine/not making the 18 repeatedly, no. I know a few players from the USL Timbers were kept on when the team joined MLS, so the same could happen here. I think for someone who didn't catch on to an MLS team, it's the best route to the league.

Depends on how good of a season he has this year. There's always a shot. If he is a player that has a huge impact this year, he could be held over. If he ends up riding the pine/not making the 18 repeatedly, no. I know a few players from the USL Timbers were kept on when the team joined MLS, so the same could happen here. I think for someone who didn't catch on to an MLS team, it's the best route to the league.

The Montreal Impact signed Evan Bush when they made the move to MLS (even though it was from NASL and not USL).

Top Drawer soccer has a list of five longshots who could make the US team in Brasil, and someone named, "DeAndre" is at the top of the list. I didn't notice anyone named "Brek" BTW! And can anyone comment on the tat? Never saw that before... :thumb:http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/the91stminute/2014/03/five-usmnt-long-shots-for-brazil/?utm_source=All&utm_campaign=General_03_21_14&utm_medium=email

Top Drawer soccer has a list of five longshots who could make the US team in Brasil, and someone named, "DeAndre" is at the top of the list. I didn't notice anyone named "Brek" BTW! And can anyone comment on the tat? Never saw that before... :thumb:http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/the91stminute/2014/03/five-usmnt-long-shots-for-brazil/?utm_source=All&utm_campaign=General_03_21_14&utm_medium=email

This is not really news, as Yedlin has been rumored as having a USMNT jersey for many months.

Where have you been, lost on a tropical island somewhere? No, wait. Forget that. ;)

Now, it will be news indeed if DeA actually makes the WC squad. I see his chances as improved with the retirement of

Steve Cherundolo.

I attended the Columbus v Philadelphia match yesterday at Crew Stadium and was very happy to see Wil Trapp's image numerous places around the stadium. Good to see the Crew fully recognize how great a player they have in Wil and how well he represents them.

This is not really news, as Yedlin has been rumored as having a USMNT jersey for many months.

Where have you been, lost on a tropical island somewhere? No, wait. Forget that. ;)

Now, it will be news indeed if DeA actually makes the WC squad. I see his chances as improved with the retirement of

Steve Cherundolo.

Ummmm, pardon me Mr Comic Sans MS, but making the world cup team is what the article was talking about. That's what the author, Mr Clark meant when he wrote "Here are five players with three caps or fewer who might just possibly be able to snag a spot in Brazil." Were you lost in a Bufalobo snow storm or something? :P

On another track, I hear there is a chance the fall schedule could be out in April, as it is final. But then again, I'm not planning to hold my breath...

Yeah. Exactly. Yedlin might get a spot on the WC roster. Even getting a serious mention is really achievement enough for a second year pro.

Should he actually make it, that would be a HUGE story, the biggest story in on ZNO ever.

In any event, raise your class to DeAndre Yedlin! He has done us proud.

I too heard the new schedule is almost ready. Let us hope that every single match is scheduled with RPI in mind. Remember that we have one less MAC mandatory this year due to ouster of Hartwick.

Still trying these fonts...............

Bob, i have to zoom in on my device to read your posts, is there any way you could increase the font size?

Yedlin and Sarkodie have a shot at making the WC roster. In 2-3 years, they will be battling each other for a starting spot at RB on the US squad.

Aodhan Quinn starts in Orlando City Home opener.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Aodhan Quinn before Orlando City opener <a href="http://t.co/2GTqOysQAp">pic.twitter.com/2GTqOysQAp</a></p>— Dan Nye (@Dan1767) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dan1767/statuses/450045526579634177">March 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Eric Stevenson scores a goal for the NY Red Bulls Reserves vs the Dayton Dutch Lions (approximately 1:36:48) ...

It is a mystery (to me) that the Columbus Crew declined to sign their own homegrown in Eric Stevenson.

He could just as easily be loaned out to Dayton Dutch Lions right now.

In this match, E had 1 goal and 2 assists. Man Of the Match. Right? ;)

DeAndre Yedlin Eager for Chance Against Mexico

Due to last-minute personnel changes, Yedlin, a 20-year-old right back with the Seattle Sounders, could be in the starting lineup against Mexico on Wednesday. He welcomes the challenge. ...

http://www.americansoccernow.com/articles/deandre-yedlin-eager-for-chance-against-mexico

DeAndre Yedlin Eager for Chance Against Mexico

Due to last-minute personnel changes, Yedlin, a 20-year-old right back with the Seattle Sounders, could be in the starting lineup against Mexico on Wednesday. He welcomes the challenge. ...

http://www.americansoccernow.com/articles/deandre-yedlin-eager-for-chance-against-mexico

Wow. The planets are aligning for Yedlin to go to Brasil. But he must show well tomorrow vs. El Tri.

Under Gregg Berhalter, Columbus Crew youngster Wil Trapp is beginning to show his potential ... http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/04/01/under-gregg-berhalter-columbus-crew-youngster-wil-trapp-beginning-show-his-p?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=News&utm_campaign=Unpaid

I especilly like the last paragraph ... "And expect him to join fellow US U-20 veterans Luis Gil and DeAndre Yedlin in Jurgen Klinsmann's plans sooner rather than later. A trip to Brazil is probably out of the question, but feel free to be shocked if Trapp isn't in the first post-World Cup camp."

Yedlin, Trapp, and Nagbe for World Cup 2018 would be most awesome.

Yedlin's performance grades out as a 6 according to ESPN. I think that's fair, he played the last 23 minutes and had some good plays and a few small mistakes. He was not on the field for any of the Mexican goals. Bright future for this young man.

D DeAndre Yedlin, 6 – Had some blazing runs forward and looked a bit more composed than he did on his debut back in January.

Tempo Free Soccer, Let's Talk about Wil Trapp ... http://tempofreesoccer.blogspot.com/2014/04/lets-talk-about-wil-trapp.html?spref=tw

"...All players reach the point where vague assertions like the one I made above ("possesses a level of maturity and technical skill not often seen...") must be confirmed with output. In the first weeks of the MLS season Wil Trapp is blowing right through that barrier with such a force that we just cannot ignore him anymore."

• Like 1

Tempo Free Soccer, Let's Talk about Wil Trapp ... http://tempofreesoccer.blogspot.com/2014/04/lets-talk-about-wil-trapp.html?spref=tw

"...All players reach the point where vague assertions like the one I made above ("possesses a level of maturity and technical skill not often seen...") must be confirmed with output. In the first weeks of the MLS season Wil Trapp is blowing right through that barrier with such a force that we just cannot ignore him anymore."

Technically flawless has always been my description of Wil Trapp.

The attached statistical analysis demonstrates just how active Trapp is in the central mid-field. Glad somebody has developed a method to capture this.

trapp2.png
  • Like 1