The 2015 Football Commitment List

I might be in the minority, but I really like what I see of RB Van Edwards, particularly his vision and cutback ability.

The class is shaping up in the home stretch, but I'd still like to see a few more O-linemen.

Then the two of us are in the minority because I said the exact same thing !!! ..................... Excellent vision and field presence

Perhaps we will see a 5th year senior transfer or two this summer to help shore up the offensive line? This staff seems to like to do that. Hopefully Ericksen can step in and peform at a high level at center for one of the OL question marks.

Perhaps we will see a 5th year senior transfer or two this summer to help shore up the offensive line? This staff seems to like to do that. Hopefully Ericksen can step in and peform at a high level at center for one of the OL question marks.

Keener I hope your right about Ericksen ........... Huge challenge

What would everyone's projection be for the starting OL ?

I think we have more talent at OL on the roster then most people are accounting for. Boyett, Brown, and Brumbaugh are returning, and when I look at the other kids returning who have not had the chance to make an impact yet, there seems to be solid potential.

Although a concern, I do think you are correct .......... Pretty heavy on the senior o-lineman but let's hope the young talent steps up !! ..... I hope the Carroll kid steps it up

Below is taken from the 2014 roster and I added a year

Kyle Ritz OL So. 6/5 295 Andrew Bohan OL Sr 6/3 268 Scott Boyett OL Sr 6/7 308 Tommy Brown OL Sr 6/4 310 Dylan Brumbaugh OL Sr 6/5 309 Brett Lee OL Sr 6/1 291 Quaison Osborne OL Sr 6/3 295 Stephen Ericksen OL RSo 6/3 305 Ryan Kortokrax OL RSo 6/3 303 Isaiah Williams OL RSr 6/3 295 Rodney Carroll OL Jr 6/5 296 Michael Casimos OL Jr 6/2 302

Here's my quick lunch-time take on the O-line prospects for 2015:

Ritz (RS Fr ?) - unknown commodity

Bohan - never developed the size to play college ball

Boyett - if he couldn't contribute last year (no injuries), I'm having a hard time buying he'll do so this year

Brown - played pretty well in 2014, and if there is more emphasis on the running game this could play to his strong suit

Brumbaugh - potentially great player who toughed it out in with a bad injury throughout all of 2014. Will be a huge boost if he's 100% in 2015.

Lee - will be a definite late bloomer if he contributes

Osborne - only TB HS recruit to play meaningful minutes at UA, he has steadily improved but unlikely to ever be THE PROTECTOR at LT.

Ericksen - really wondered why he didn't play more last year with TS76 battling several injuries.

Kortokrax - must have been saving him in 2014

Williams - known for some monumental misses in 2014, but I actually think he played better than that as a whole. Will need to improve quite a bit to hold onto starting LT spot or we're in trouble. Since he's still relatively new to playing O-line (in college), there's a chance he can get it done.

Carroll - I don't see him playing much

Casimos - has played very little up until now

LT - Brown

LG - Brumbaugh

C - Erickson

RG - Casimos

RT - Kortokrax

Reserves

T - Williams, Boyette

C - Carroll

G - Osborne

The monumental misses by Williams (especially Miami) eventually cost us several W's as Pohl was out or not 100% after serious injury. Can't have that anymore. I also saw Osborne quit on a play that was blown dead against Marshall that resulted in a crushing late hit on Pohl. Can't have that either - protect the QB as this guy can't have his brains rattling around and perform well. Defensive coaches game plan for this contact as it wins games.

We need 2 O-linemen as 5th year seniors or JUCO types ready to play in 2015 and some young recruits to redshirt. I like the new OL coach - too bad UAB linemen Victor Salako T (Okie St) and Rosco Byrd G (GA South.) are gone. Peterson could have helped Bowden and the Zips out a bit before he left by recruiting them - glad he's gone - never liked him sitting McNamara in 2014.

You are spot on about the the two kids from UAB ................. I heard rumor that it didn't go well when he was there and that he had little to zero influence on anyone coming to Akron.

No confirmation, but could be a reasoning if true

Either Coach TB has something cooking late in the cycle or Coach Funk better be one HELL of a Coach !!! Stay tuned as they say !!

WR Richie Cooper (@R__Coop) and OL Montel Jordan (@jordan_montel79) tell us they will be taking official visits to #Akron this weekend.

More FLA boyz !!!!!!

Montel Jordan film ---

Richie Cooper film --- http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2700834/richie-playmaker-cooper ................... Decommited from NIU 1/25/15 per 247 sports. ANOTHER FLIP FROM NIU WOULD BE SWEET!!

WR Richie Cooper (@R__Coop) and OL Montel Jordan (@jordan_montel79) tell us they will be taking official visits to #Akron this weekend.

More FLA boyz !!!!!!

Montel Jordan film ---

Richie Cooper film --- http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2700834/richie-playmaker-cooper ................... Decommited from NIU 1/25/15 per 247 sports. ANOTHER FLIP FROM NIU WOULD BE SWEET!!

Richie Cooper looks like the playmaker Bowden's been coveting.