Akron in the news

Don't forget the welcome back party at Infocision this week.

Looks like the party was awesome. Great to have two big events at the stadium this past week. Really gives us a chance to show it off to the region. Hopefully UA recognizes the potential and actually starts using it for concerts and other events in the future.

...Kinda sad that a welcome home party and Browns scrimmage can draw more fans than a Zips game.

Perhaps they draw more than Zips' games because they're more well known, and most people outside of the UA community and Akron, don't really know that Akron has an awesome stadium. I didn't get to the LeBron welcome back party, but there were several reports on ESPN that said people were waiting outside of the Big Dialer 10 hours before it was set to begin. When was the last time people waited outside the Big Dialer for an event at the Big Dialer?
If I were in the athletics department, I'd be working VERY hard to try and get LeBron to make a guest appearance at the BGSU game that will be broadcast on ESPN nationally. But I guess what would make it easier is an undefeated record, or very good record...

Perhaps they draw more than Zips' games because they're more well known, and most people outside of the UA community and Akron, don't really know that Akron has an awesome stadium. I didn't get to the LeBron welcome back party, but there were several reports on ESPN that said people were waiting outside of the Big Dialer 10 hours before it was set to begin. When was the last time people waited outside the Big Dialer for an event at the Big Dialer?

last week for the Browns scrimmage.

I'll say this....I think that the University of Akron's football stadium got more mentions in the last two weeks than it has gotten in the last 5 years.

It's been my hope that these last two events will at least show many NE Ohioans that we have a great facility and have made a great investment in the future of our football program. Some of these people would have never been exposed to our stadium without these two events. Maybe that helps somewhere down the line, in terms of future fans and recruits.

I'll say this....I think that the University of Akron's football stadium got more mentions in the last two weeks than it has gotten in the last 5 years.

It's been my hope that these last two events will at least show many NE Ohioans that we have a great facility and have made a great investment in the future of our football program. Some of these people would have never been exposed to our stadium without these two events. Maybe that helps somewhere down the line, in terms of future fans and recruits.

from all I've heard, it seems like the events the past two weeks have been a success. Props to UA.