NT visitor coming to Akron

Cowtown

Don't buy them ahead of time.Wait until you get here. Get here early enough to tailgate.Meet a few of the Akron fans. Ask around and you might find a REAL good deal in the lot.Stop back at zipsnation the week before we play you. :wave:

i agree you should tailgate... there's not a lot of us but everyone you talk to is a true fan! look forward to the game! :screwks:
It is our home opener, so you can bank on a full parking lot of tailgaters. We'll have 17-20k in the bowl regardless of the outcome of the first three games.Welcome to all the North Texas fans. You'll have a great time in northeast Ohio. :cheers:

Are game day tickets tough to come by?Or sould we buy them in advance.Looking forward to the game.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: You're joking right? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Hopefully after this season that won't be so funny :(
If rumors that the endzone seating will be closed are true, seating could be hard to come by. I don't predict a sellout by any stretch, but if we reduce the seating to 24,000, we will likely come close to a sellout.BTW: Our Marketing group is non-existant. I see the gay Can't billboards around Akron, but Z-E-R-O Zips stuff. This concerns me tremendously. :(

After poking around your board it appears that we are very similar with our concerns and complaints about the programs. Fan Apathy, Need a Stadium, Where is our merchandice in the big stores, Need better/any public promotion...Our season will hinge on week 2 against SMU. North Texas fans really cant stand SMU. SMU is seen as elitist, pretty boys, living on daddy's dollar, and many of them love to live the sterio type. NT is a working class school, most of the 30k plus students have to work part time through school. We are a crazy hodgpodge of West Texas red necks, crazy ass music majors from all over the world, and business/engineering/education students from the DFW metroplex.A loss to SMU would really put a dark clowd over the program.A win will put the confidence back in the program that we had in 2000 - 2004.I'll bring the margaritas, Lone Star and Shiner Bock if y'all provide the grub.Go Mean Green

Our season will hinge on week 2 against SMU. North Texas fans really cant stand SMU. SMU is seen as elitist, pretty boys, living on daddy's dollar, and many of them love to live the sterio type. NT is a working class school, most of the 30k plus students have to work part time through school. We are a crazy hodgpodge of West Texas red necks, crazy ass music majors from all over the world, and business/engineering/education students from the DFW metroplex.A loss to SMU would really put a dark clowd over the program.A win will put the confidence back in the program that we had in 2000 - 2004.
There may be some truth to that similarity statement. We are definitely a working class school where most of us work and pay our own way through unlike riding the tails of mommy and daddy. It sounds like SMU is your Miami of Ohio. We call them the sweaters. We can't stand them, and many of us would be very disappointed if we did not beat them.