2019 QB prospect

It depends on who is the coach and what offense they run when he is at the point to make a decision.

This might not be what you want to hear, but NEVER choose a university based on the head football coach. Unless the coach was just hired the same year your kids graduates from high school, odds are that that coach won't be there by the time your kid starts his junior year. Coaches just don't last very long except in unusual circumstances. Assistants last even less.

Edited by ZachTheZip

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2016 at 8:18 PM, skip-zip said:

Hilarious. I love how people possess such lofty hopes for a 14 year old kid. I've seen way too many HS freshmen with potential who amount to very little, and plenty of late bloomers who come out of nowhere to stardom.

It's impossible to know where this will go.

He is 15 BTW...

Has been added to Rivals.com and invited to their QB challenge in Columbus Ohio April 10. Only 441 kids in the country in the 2019 class at this time and 41 Pro-Style QB's.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/189293

9 hours ago, theciscoshow said:

He is 15 BTW...

Has been added to Rivals.com and invited to their QB challenge in Columbus Ohio April 10. Only 441 kids in the country in the 2019 class at this time and 41 Pro-Style QB's.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/189293

His original comment still applies, even with this added information.

I hope he continues to develop & have fun playing football.  But the odds of him (or anyone) getting a D-1 scholarship are slim-to-none.

Just my 2 cents, but I wouldn't put too much additional pressure on him.  Right now he looks like he weighs 80 pounds.  

There is a big high school around here named Canton McKinley.  McK produces quite a few college athletes.  McK's head football coach said, "If you want to play college football, I can help you with that.  If you want to play D-1 college football, God has to help you with that."  Some kids are blessed with great genes; the vast majority aren't.

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 1

I don't see the need to criticize. The man is just trying to get his sons name out to different colleges. He doesn't know if anyone that visits this forum has any pull with the football staff to get them to watch tape of a player. Perhaps the kid pans out, perhaps he doesn't. We don't know this guys story or what kind of father he is. We shouldn't judge.

• Like 3