Jump to content

kreed5120

Members
  • Posts

    7,427
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    143

kreed5120 last won the day on October 6

kreed5120 had the most liked content!

1 Follower

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male

Recent Profile Visitors

12,633 profile views

kreed5120's Achievements

Grand Master

Grand Master (14/14)

  • Conversation Starter Rare
  • Dedicated Rare
  • First Post Rare
  • Collaborator Rare
  • Posting Machine Rare

Recent Badges

4.3k

Reputation

  1. I agree, with Akron's defense the offense needs to put up points to win. Roggow, while not bad, I just don't see being able to run a high octane offense. Broughton with his legs adds the extra dimension that Roggow can't provide. If the defense was better we wouldn't have to ask so much of Roggow.
  2. I suppose not football specifically, but one has to appreciate Mick Cronin candor. https://x.com/FullCourtNet/status/2108570386161860689
  3. I'm not blaming the kicker as it was by no means a give me field goal. That said, he had the distance so it's obviously a field goal he's capable of making. What percentage of those kicks he makes I don't know, but I imagine Joe was reasonably confident he could make it. It was the right call in the moment. It just didn't work out. The bigger special teams blunder that probably more directly led to the loss was the blocked punt. I don't know how we let that happen.
  4. Plural, those renovations set back your retirement lol.
  5. I attended my first Akron football game in about 10 years. Went with about 10 people who also hadn't been to a game in quite some time and they convinced me to get a ticket even though I planned to just tailgate. Honestly, if Akron played like this and were just Browns bad instead of losing by 20+ I wouldn't be opposed to going to games more often. It was actually entertaining despite losing and most of the people I was with expressed interest in returning.
  6. It's homecoming, I see the excitement is building for the game... Any inside scoops on whether CB will be available?
  7. I didn't really want to create a new thread for this, but I thought it was a pretty great promotion. Not necessarily for boosting attendance a ton for this year, but for establishing the culture of alumni attending games after graduation. https://x.com/AkronZips/status/2108569508197617934
  8. I feel the expanded playoffs has more to do with it. Before each regular season game was a playoff matchup. To leave yourself any margin of error you also had to schedule tough. Now with this inclusive playoff structure teams can afford that early season unexpected loss to a Minnesota, Purdue, etc. Teams also no longer have to schedule challenging OOC opponents and have little incentive to since as long as they're in a P4 conference and have 2 or fewer losses they're in. Defending national champion Indiana is a prime example of that. Unless you're an Indiana fan who wants to watch them beat Indiana State, Old Dominion, and Kennesaw St. by a combined score of 156-46? It's only going to get worse with an expanded playoff as what's the point when 4 loss teams make the playoffs? Schools like OSU only play 3-4 "good" teams a year and if they lose each of those games they can still make the playoffs. Makes it hard to get excited for an OSU-Oregon regular season match-up when the stakes are reduced.
  9. I know Akron doesn't have a ton of money, but it's very possible that we prioritized what little money we do have to keep Gant.
  10. I don't disagree that some might give a hometown discount to return. It's just that the vast majority are chasing the highest bidder. Not that I fault them. As for Gant, RBs are one of the cheaper positions in the portal. There are a lot of good backs out there. I'm glad he's in an Akron uniform, but he doesn't seem to have that explosive athleticism that allows him to break game changing 40 yard runs. If he did, he wouldn't be in an Akron uniform.
  11. No, I can't download them yet. I was only in the account today because I decided to add the 2nd season ticket. I renewed my previous one a few months back. I was measuring the number of tickets based off the ticket symbol 🎟
  12. I bought 2 season tickets, but it appears it only came with 1 ticket to the YSU exhibition game. Not that I'm going to lose sleep over it. Not even certain if I'll attend. I just found it strange. Not sure if others experienced something similar. Edit: I only had 1 season ticket last year and split it up since my wife worked during a lot of the games and there were a few I had no desire to attend anyway. Nothing really changed from last year, but I just decided to get 2 to step up my support. Not sure if maybe the YSU exhibition only came as a perk for those who renewed.
  13. He has his next NIL deal to play for. All these players are just 1 year mercenaries. If he's healthy to play, he should play.
  14. I mean it depends on what the record is. Our OOC schedule I don't think is any worse than Miami's was last year. The 14 seed I think has more to do with them expecting Akron/Miami to not be as good as last year. You also have to remember the expanded tournament this year moved the bubble line down. A 14 seed this year is probably an equivalent to a 13 seed under last years format.
  15. The MAC outside of 3-4 teams have all looked very bad. Even then none of those 3-4 teams are remotely in discussion to get the G6 bid. Given there aren't really anymore OOC games to measure ourselves against external competition, MAC play is mainly just about determining who is the tallest midget.
×
×
  • Create New...