Northern Illinois

Thank you Barth-Luther, Stuart, Nate, Pau, Sam, Nathan, Dener, Manel, and Niko. You (all of the players), coaches, and staff are the reason I LOVE Zips Mens Soccer so much. Go Zips! #2ndStar

seniors11_3.jpg?width=1128&height=635&mo

Edited by Zip_ME87

1 hour ago, skip-zip said:

Alright, since I am on an ATTENDANCE rampage, I'm tired of seeing these 1,000 to 2,000 crowds for the friggin TOP 10 Zips.  

What's going on?

It's going to be a very pleasant Saturday evening.  We need some people out there tonight.  

No promotion by Larry Williams and his staff

No coverage from the Beacon

I am sure that the Beacon will provide some coverage if the zips win the MAC tourney and are a top 8 NCAA seed...but they have provided no coverage during the season.  I think they did a writeup before the game against Michigan State.  Joao Moutinho seems to be a pretty interesting guy.  I would love for the Beacon to do a feature on Joao.   Daniel Strachan has been the freshman that has greatly exceeded expectations.  I would love to see the Beacon give young Mr. Strachan some press.   Skye is a local kid and is vastly improved.   Give the young man from Copley some coverage to acknowledge how hard he has worked and how vital he is to the only nationally ranked zips team.

The Zips athletic department and the Beacon can do so much more.    Sorry to vent.....need to go take my blood pressure med now.....as lack of publicity and coverage honks me off.

2 hours ago, TennZip said:

The Zips athletic department and the Beacon can do so much more.    Sorry to vent.....need to go take my blood pressure med now.....as lack of publicity and coverage honks me off.

Sorry TennZip....preaching to the choir here.  I fired off a letter to the ABJ last May after they failed to recognize an NCAA Champion in our pole vaulter Matt Ludwig, local boy from Chardon....crickets from Exchange Street, then finally an article a week later.  It's now to the point I think they purposely avoid covering us just to pee us off.  The football forum is full of us venting about how bad George Thomas is as the Akron beat writer, and the PD's Elton Alexander is equally bad, but not quite as bad.  They are only interested in covering the Indians, the Cavs, the Browns and Ohio State.  They can't get it through their skulls that there is a unique void they could fill for a fan base craving for info on  U of A.  I wrote earlier about my travels and how no matter what city I am in, if there's a college in the town, I can pick up the local paper and know within minutes if the school's athletic teams are playing at home that night.  Not here, ever.  That's why we have so many fanatics on the Forums, because it's the only place to read ANYTHING about the Zips.  Hell, the Kent Record Courier covers the Zips better that the ABJ does.  As far as the Athletic Department, I'm not sure we can really blame them, as they do use social media and GoZips.com to try to spread the word, and there are the weekly radio shows that do try to cover other coaches that the majors.  I don't know what other vehicles Larry and the SIDs and coaches could use when your two biggest newsrags don't want anything to do with you.  Now you've got me all worked up too!!!!

• Like 1

Question:  How do you get "seated" in the area around the visitors' bench -- are those visitor VIP tix?  See several people on blackets wearing red NIU gear.  Behind the ad boards. 

Now that I notice, there are people at the other end too.  Are those high-end tix?  lol

Edited by Z.I.P.

Goal No 3.  Scissors kick by Stuart off a header pass into the center of the box from...Niko?  One of the goals of the season!  Akron men's soccer tweet says it was a header by Stu?  From Egbo.  What were we watching?  :lol:

Edited by Z.I.P.

2 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

Goal No 3.  Scissors kick by Stuart off a header pass into the center of the box from...Niko?  One of the goals of the season!  Akron men's soccer tweet says it was a header by Stu?  From Egbo.  What were we watching?  :lol:

I think they got it right and you were looking at the wrong tweet. Lol. They have one saying Stu headed it in (to make it 2-0) and a different tweet saying he scored off a volley (to make it 3-0).

That last one was sweet! 

I was only able to watch the live video intermittently, and missed it ... 

Congrats to the Zips on a great finish to the regular season!

Now, on to the MAC championship and a top-8 seed in the NCAAs!

https://rpiupdatemenssoccer.blogspot.com/search/label/RPI Rank

NIU really hurt the zips in RPI

down to 10

and just .0002 ahead of the 2 time defending NCAA champs

need Notre Dame to lose today

Marshall hurt Akron's RPI last night by losing to 1-14 Florida Atlantic

and a likely MAC matchup with 135 RPI SIU-E  won't help