Top Ten Reasons the Buckeyes Lost

GoZips

number ten: Ted Ginn twisted his ankle.number nine: They believed their media hype.number eight: They are overrated.number seven: Troy Smith was visiting the "hood" instead of playing quarterback.number six: Jim Tressel was a deer in headlights.number five: They were not prepared; parties are more fun.number four: They were out coached.number three: They were out played.number two: They lost to a better team.and the number one reason the Buckies lost:They were saving themselves for the NFL.

Seeing the results of Michigan - USC and OSU - Florida, are you guys startin to feel that the big ten might be over rated ?I am wondering if OSU could have beaten USC ... Just a thought.
If the Big 10/11 is overrated, then the MAC just plain sucks. Our conference constantly plays Big 10/11 schools, and almost always gets destroyed. A couple of wins over that conference would be great not only for Akron, but also for the entire MAC.

Seeing the results of Michigan - USC and OSU - Florida, are you guys startin to feel that the big ten might be over rated ?I am wondering if OSU could have beaten USC ... Just a thought.
The same USC that lost to unranked Oregon State and UCLA? Naw...I'll take the team that's only loss (albeit a bad one) came against the eventual National Champion. And the idea that the Big Ten is overrated is just silly. With #2 Ohio State, #7 Wisconsin, #8 Michigan, and #24 Penn State? Three teams in the top ten and the conference is overrated?

The Big 10 is slightly overrated. The SEC is obviously the best conference in college football. I shudder to think what an LSU or a Florida would do to a MAC team.
BIG TEN vs. SEC - BOWL GAMES 2006Penn State 20, Tennessee 10, FWisconsin 17, Arkansas 14, FFlorida 41, Ohio State 17, FThe Big Ten was 2-1 in head-to-head bowl competition. Maybe both conferences were just really, really good...???

New Top Ten Reasons why OSU lost...10. Unfortunate fla.shback for Tressel had him preparing for 1-AA FAMU instead of UF9. OSU was looking ahead to big Akron matchup next fall8. Politically speaking, it was Florida's turn to decide crowning of next college champ; Bush clinches Florida in 2000, and Ohio in 2004.7. Five fat white dudes on offensive line6. Hawk, Carpenter, and Schlegel5. Uh, because John Cooper was within 2000 miles of game4. The color red never wins in that stadium3. Pre-game chat with Art Schlichter moved line to OSU +26. Alarming lack of math skills still doesn't yield payday for Buckeye players2. Players got tired of singing that stupid Carmen Ohio song to band after game.1. They didn't lose, just take a look at the final 41-14 score in a mirror.

OSU's defense gave up 39 points to Michigan, but their offense scored 42. Since the defense was only 2 points worse against Florida, you can't really say that was unexpected. Had the offense again scored 42, OSU would have won 42-41. Afterall, OSU's "high-power" offense is where they got most of their accolades this season.

If OSU did get to 42 points, I think it is safe to say that Florida was very capable of putting up more points. The had the sympathy finish to only put up 41.
You're probably right. The point I was trying to make is that OSU's defense didn't play any worse than might have been expected. But, the offense certainly did not play up to what was expected of them.

OSU "HAD" the lowest scoring defense in the nation.Florida won that game in every way possible. With or without Ginn it wouldn't have made a difference.I have never seen Tressel outcoached as badly as he was Monday night.What a disgrace.This will take a while to recover from.I see USC, Texas, Notre Lame and Florida as the top teams for the near and distant future. Sadly..

If OSU did get to 42 points, I think it is safe to say that Florida was very capable of putting up more points.  The had the sympathy finish to only put up 41.
You're probably right. The point I was trying to make is that OSU's defense didn't play any worse than might have been expected. But, the offense certainly did not play up to what was expected of them.
Florida could have put up more than 41. However, if OSU's offense could have had any punch at all Monday night, it would have kept Florida's offense off the field a bit more.But I agree, it doesn't matter. Florida dominated that game in every possible way. Especially where it counts most - the line of scrimmage. I've never seen OSU get dominated at the line -both offensive and defensive- like that in my life.

• 2 weeks later...