ohio U message board about Akron

zipsc

dang it. all their stupid crap about trying to sneak into our student section is gonna lead to the same super duper mega security we had against Can't. here...show your zip card seven times to seven different people to get to your seat and have each person scrutinize it to make sure it's actually you. Stupid hillbillies. :rolleyes:

Ohio didn't lose to CMU, but they did lose to Testical Tech, which is just as bad. "Generally speaking, OU fans think their crap doesn't stink" - A lot of people I work with say the same thing about Zips fans, but everyone seems to think that of mimi fans for some reason haha. I look at it as simply being a fan of your team, your always going to be looking at the world through tinted glasses. Yeah I know I'm no fun haha.And while the Zips are 9-1 in conference, that one loss is to Ohio. Both teams will get a chance to prove whos better come Tuesday. Let's just hope the team has something left after Toledo.Anyone know what the ticket situation looks like? I saw somewhere on here that upper reserved are almost sold out. Any word on GA?

all their stupid crap about trying to sneak into our student section is gonna lead to the same super duper mega security we had against Can't. here...show your zip card seven times to seven different people to get to your seat and have each person scrutinize it to make sure it's actually you. Stupid hillbillies. :rolleyes:
Yeah...That was a pretty benign comment about the section sneaking in. There isn't any actual plans for this. Or do you believe everything you read on a message board?The hillbillies comment is just ignorant. Unless, of course, you think all the people from Cleveland, Akron, Cincy, and C-Bus are hillbillies. Locals only comprise only something like 10-15% of the enrollment.I also love the "they lost to Miami and Can't" argument. Yeah, we lost to them on their own floors, and so will you. And I bet we beat Miami on our floor worse you did and Can't beats you on their floor worse than they beat us. It's not like those are bad losses, and they were both close. Ball State? Yeah, that was terrible. Fire away on that one.Of course, you guys are just going to roll into Toledo and win by double digits, right? After all, Can't made it look soooo easy on Tuesday.The "flagship" nonsense is just the blather of some fans we don't even like. You're better off ignoring them.

dang it. all their stupid crap about trying to sneak into our student section is gonna lead to the same super duper mega security we had against Can't. here...show your zip card seven times to seven different people to get to your seat and have each person scrutinize it to make sure it's actually you. Stupid hillbillies. :rolleyes:
What they don't realize though is that even our own students can't get into the student section half the time. :lol:

Did a school in Akron just say we're not in civilization?  That's rich.
Sorry dude, you're just talking non-sensical smack now. We've got three 4-star restaurants, a national-class art museum, the nicest minor league baseball park in America, the nicest public library in Ohio, two beautiful theaters (and no, OU hilljack, we're not talking movie theaters) a symphony orchestra, Stan Hywett, the National Inventors Hall, private playwrite and dance companies, night clubs, coffee shops, jazz clubs and art galleries, Firestone C.C., and THE GOODYEAR FRICKIN' BLIMP!!! The list goes go on and on, but I've got a job to get back to...

Did a school in Akron just say we're not in civilization?  That's rich.
Sorry dude, you're just talking non-sensical smack now. We've got three 4-star restaurants, a national-class art museum, the nicest minor league baseball park in America, the nicest public library in Ohio, two beautiful theaters (and no, OU hilljack, we're not talking movie theaters) a symphony orchestra, Stan Hywett, the National Inventors Hall, private playwrite and dance companies, night clubs, coffee shops, jazz clubs and art galleries, Firestone C.C., and THE GOODYEAR FRICKIN' BLIMP!!! The list goes go on and on, but I've got a job to get back to...
We've also got POWER HOUR AT MANNY'S!!!!!

:cheers: I loved reading the OU nonsense....just goes to show you that drinking too much DOES affect your mind...I mean who other than a WANNA BE would send their kid to OU to the biggest party school in the state...certainly not to get an education in anything other than how to drink and be stupid, so just take these comment from them for what they are, drunkin utterings...and enjoy them for the pre-game hype they need to justify their own existance. We all know there are PLENTY of hillbillies in the Akron area...hey..we all deal them them daily right...but..u go 3 mins off of campus at OU and thats ALL there is there..and they all know that down there, thats why they need to ACT like they are superior. Isnt THAT usually the way it goes for "billicans"? I am sure OU will make it a game..every team in the MAC can make it a game, but WIN on OUR court...PLEASE !!! The ONLY way that happens is if the refs call every little touch foul and get our superior line-up in BIG trouble early. I honestly havent even marked this game down as a big game. Winning at Toledo and then at CANT should be our highlights for the remainder of this season, before we travel to Cleveland for the 2nd rounders. OU probably wont even make it there. AKRON 74 OU 56 :champs::thumb:

I honestly havent even marked this game down as a big game. Winning at Toledo and then at CANT should be our highlights for the remainder of this season
I was thinking the same thing. OU is good at spending time on message boards and running smack, but is this really that big of a challenge. We are playing Toledo, the leading team from the West- bigger game. We also have Can't coming up-the second ranked team in the East-bigger game. Why are people getting so jacked up about OU? They are the one team that has blemished our record, but they are just another game. Toledo and Can't are big games. OU is just a W along the way to the number one seed.

The JAR is definitely not student-section friendly. We need to get rid of those seats and put metal bleachers there. Now, I know you are thinking that will look like crap, but the sound of a full student sectin jumping on metal would be killer. If this ever happens, the Rowdies should all wear metal shoes too.

I honestly havent even marked this game down as a big game. Winning at Toledo and then at CANT should be our highlights for the remainder of this season
I was thinking the same thing. OU is good at spending time on message boards and running smack, but is this really that big of a challenge. We are playing Toledo, the leading team from the West- bigger game. We also have Can't coming up-the second ranked team in the East-bigger game. Why are people getting so jacked up about OU? They are the one team that has blemished our record, but they are just another game. Toledo and Can't are big games. OU is just a W along the way to the number one seed.
If you're gunning for the #1 seed, EVERY game is a big one. Plus if Toledo beats the Zips tonight, they're tied with Can't and Ohio is only one game back... I can't believe anyone would say ANY game against a division team is not big...