2007 Football Schedule

wadscarman

Just want to make a statement about I-A's playing I-AA's.Just look at this:Youngstown State @ Ohio State 9/1/07Appalachian State @ Michigan 9/1/07Delaware State @ Can't StateNorthern Illinois, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas State, Florida, etc...THEY ALL PLAY D-1AA'S! Let's work out a deal to get the Steel Tire back out of the stadium club of Stambaugh, and onto the playing field, whether it be at Akron, YSU, or a neutral field. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Thanks Timmyboy. I'll be there. As to the Army game being Sept. 1st. It is on the schedule on the Army website as Sept. 1st. I'll have to check to see if they've posted the location, the rubber bowl or Browns stadium."The Black Knights will open their 2007 campaign on Saturday, Sept. 1 at Akron. Army and the Zips last met in 2005 with the Black Knights recording a 20-0 shutout victory over the eventual MAC champion at the Rubber Bowl. It will mark the earliest season opener in Army history, one day earlier than Army’s 2006 season opener against Arkansas State. It will also signal the first of eight straight weeks with a game for the Black Knights, whose first open date will not occur until late-October."

whoever moved the amry date did akron a good thing,we have a winnable game to start of the season. then we have some time to the show feeling allot better havng one game under our belts.
Now I know why PTI's Tony Kornheiser gets so upset with the illiterate viewer emails he has to decipher!But I agree! It was HUGE getting a game scheduled before we have to travel down to Columbus State. Walking into the shoe with both a QB and OL without ANY real game experience would have been a disaster!

Akron's spring game is April 21st.  Will it be at the bowl?
As of now it will.
why did they move it back to the bowl? the last 2 spring games have been at the indoor arena and the turnout has been pretty nice,because the students dont have to travel so far to see it. i say they keep it at the indoor arena.

i disagree on where the game should be played. i think it is a good idea to play it at the indoor arena if the weather is bad, but if it is nice, why not have a few bleachers put on their outdoor practice field that is on campus an have it played there. Everyone is complaining about how bad the bowl is, then why even use it for the spring game. And plus the game has been shown live on ONN the last 2 years, and alot of the recruits said that is how they first seen the facilities that we have and liked them. and also, i know last years spring game in the indoor fieldhouse alot of the guys that Akron was recruiting were there to see the game. does anyone know if they are going to be inviting high school senior to be's that they are recruiting again this year?

So here's where we are:Sept. 1 ArmySept. 8 @ Ohio State Sept. 15 Indiana (rumors are flying on this game)Sept. 29 @ UConn Can't State @ BG @ Miami Ohio @ BuffaloMAC WESTMAC WESTMAC WEST out of 3 MAC West Opponents -- at least one additional home game here.only 4 or 5 home games out of 12???
I am not sure on this one but I think Temple is a full go in the MAC next year and I think they are in the east so I believe BG goes back to the west and Temple is now in the East so I think they are thrown in there somewhere too

If I had a say, I would vote for the spring game to be held in the indoor fieldhouse. In north east Ohio the weather is far too unpredictable in the spring. True, it's not as easy to see the field from the fieldhouse bleachers, but if it is true that we've got recruits coming to the game, it's probably important to not only show off the fieldhouse, but also to keep them AWAY from the Rubberbowl! Additionally, I like having a packed fieldhouse! I feel that to be a much more "electric" and encouraging environment than an empty Rubberbowl.

All indications are that Bowling Green stays in the East. They want to stay in the East too. There will be 7 MAC East teams, with Temple also in the East, and 6 MAC West teams.Do not assume BG is going back to the West because they were before.
I didn't think I was assuming anything.I thought I read on the MAC board that BG was moving back to the west.Could have just been conjecture.Oh well...and so it goes.

Regarding the MAC scheduling situation, it has been reported in the papers all the way out here in Hawaii that the MAC -- and specifically Bowling Green -- is screwing up the entire NCAA by pulling out of contracted games. BeeGee has a contract to play @Boise State this fall, and has told BSU and the WAC that they will not play the game. The WAC expects the MAC office to find them a game, which will allow the other WAC teams to complete their schedules. It is also reported that the Hawaii Athletic Director is in Philadelphia currently on business. My guess is he is negotiating a game this fall vs Temple @ Aloha Stadium. If Temple plays that game, potentially, they will not have a date left to play Akron (though they will get a 13th game for the trip to HI). Perhaps Temple will also play Boise? Could this be the source of the problem w/MAC schools playing "too many" OOC games?Has anyone on this board heard anything regarding BG's screwing up the scheduling by refusing to abide by a signed contract?