The Rest of the Year

sgm405

Current MAC Standings-------------------------------1. Toledo 9-2, 13-102. Akron 9-2, 18-53. Can't State 8-3, 15-94. Miami (OH) 8-3, 12-115. Ohio U. 7-4, 16-86. W. Michigan 6-5, 11-13Remaining MAC Games---------------------------Toledo - EM, @NIU, @WM, BSU, CMUAkron - OU, @MU, BG, @BUFF, @Can't StateCan't - MU, BUFF, @OU, @BG, UAMiami - @Can't State, UA, BUFF, @OU, @BGOhio - @UA, @BG, Can't State, MU, @BUFFW. Mich. - @CM, @EM, UT, NIU, @BSUAnd if the MAC Tourney started today (I Believe this is correct...)...8/9 EM vs. Ball St. 1 Toledo5/12 OU vs. Buffalo4 Miami (OH)7/10 CM vs. NIU2 Akron6/11 WM vs. BG3 Can't State

I for one would NOT like to face Miami in the tournament. That awful slow motion style of play...In the semis would it be 1 v 4 and 2 v 3?This would put us with a potential matchup with Can't in the semis...it's be nicer to face em in the final but all things are pointing to Akron and Can't being 2 and 3 (pending the outcome of March 4th). Let's hope toledo slips up against the sorry west.

I'm seeing some interesting thoughts here.We, along with Can't, will be about the only schools that will be able to bring large crowds to Cleveland. It won't be a home game for either school, but close. Us vs. Can't in the semis is starting to look like a real possibility. If so, I think that we're much better than Toledo on a neutral court in the championship game.Alot can happen in the next couple of weeks, but I think we solidify a #2/3 seed, and have a chance at a #1 if we beat either Can't or Miami on the road. If we can win them both, we may just get the #1.

It doesn't matter. We're capable of losing to any MAC team at any stage of the tourney if we're not ready. We need to be able to beat 3 consecutive fired-up MAC opponents, away from friendly JAR Arena, in the MAC tournament...until we do that we're nuthin special.
I agree with the point that any team can beat us if we are not ready. But that can be said about any team in the MAC (see Can't vs Western Michigan). However the University of Akron is one of the top teams in the MAC. I do respectfully disagree with the comment that " ... We need to be able to beat 3 consecutive fired-up MAC opponents, away from friendly JAR Arena, in the MAC tournament...until we do that we're nuthin special." I think the Zips ARE something special this year. :thumb::thumb::bow::bow::screwks::bow::bow::thumb::thumb:

We, along with Can't, will be about the only schools that will be able to bring large crowds to Cleveland.  It won't be a home game for either school, but close.
Well then we need to make it a home-game feeling with HEAVY AK-ROWDY PRESENCE:screwks: :gun: :gun: :gun:
See the thread from last year:The Q is our home

I hope nobody thinks that Toledo has pretty much wrapped the #1 seed. They still have to play much-improved N.Ill and W. Mich teams.
I agree. Toledo isn't great, but Toledo is a bad match up for us. They have speed at the guard position. We don't (offensively Cedrick does, but he doesn't play "quick" defense). Dambrot needs to come up with something to counteract Toledo's guards. Towards the end of the game, when the pressure starts rising and the pace quickens, it plays into Toledo's hands.