Team & Composite Schedules

MACReport

With the exception of Toledo and Western, the rest of the MAC are a bunch of whores. I guess Toledo and Western are too, only to a lesser extent.Almost everyone has only five home games unless they are willing to find an even bigger whore to play in a I-AA team (Yes, I think we should treat Army as a home game. I wish we could play every game at Browns Stadium). Toledo has seven (if I counted right) but they have also historically drawn well for out of conference games against major conferences.IF the NCAA and university presidents wanted to instill some integrity back into college athletics, they would force teams in the Big Ten, PAC 10, Big 12, Big East, ACC and SEC to only play non-conference games against each other. Who has less integrity, the whore or the John? Answer: Both the whore and John are equal. The mid-majors are the whores and the big conferences are the Johns.Captain Kangaroo's excellent post the other day about the BB team and mid-majors getting screwed really hit home with me. It applies to all sports and not just basketball. Mid-major schools start out so far behind the eight ball that catching up is such an up hill struggle it becomes difficult to enjoy the team or sometimes even to look forward to the future. Why does it have to be so difficult to be a MAC fan?

I think one of the more interesting things Bob Taft did during his administration was suggest Ohio State should be playing schools within Ohio to help other athletic programs financially in the state. If you are going to pay $350,000 or whatever to play you then give the money to another in state school. For all my bashing of OSU they have done that -- I don't necessarily expect them to play at Akron, but at game at Browns Stadium would be great. Regardless of where they play though it'll be a OSU home game because that's the way Ohio is.

I think I read on this board a few months ago that Akron was initially offered a game against Ohio State in Cleveland which we turned down so it has gone to Toledo in I think '09. Is that the story? Why would we turn that down?
I'm guessing the person who posted that is probably the same retard that started the rumor that the Zips hoops staff declined an NIT bid.There is Z-E-R-O chance the Zips would turn down a game against OSU on a neutral field (or as neutral a field as you're going to find in Ohio).

I'm actually a little jealous of Temple's schedule... except for their last game, at least it's at home. Navy, Connecticut, Army and Penn State, 2 at home and 2 away.Thu. Aug. 30 Navy Sat. Sept. 8 Buffalo* Sat. Sept. 15 at Connecticut Sat. Sept. 22 at Bowling Green* Sat. Sept. 29 at Army Sat. Oct. 6 Northern Illinois* Sat. Oct. 13 at Akron* Sat. Oct. 20 Miami (Ohio)* Sat. Oct. 27 Bye Fri. Nov. 2 at Ohio* Sat. Nov. 10 Penn State Sat. Nov. 17 Can't State*