2007 season looks promising

bobbyake

I really like what I'm hearing on GoZips.com Nate Robinson and Dennis Kennedy are players I have high expectations for. The only question right now is who will be the starting quarterback? We'll have to wait and see.2 games on ESPN2, gotta' love that.Here is an early prediction for next season:W 34-17 Sat, Sep 01 ARMY (at Browns Stadium)W 51-13 Sat, Sep 08 at Ohio State W 35-28 Sat, Sep 15 at Indiana W 42-37 Sat, Sep 22 Can't STATE W 31-14 Sat, Sep 29 at Connecticut L 21-24 Sat, Oct 06 at Western MichiganW 45-21 Sat, Oct 13 TEMPLE (Homecoming) W 41-17 Sat, Oct 27 at Buffalo L 35-38 Fri, Nov 02 at Bowling GreenW 35-28 Wed, Nov 07 OHIO W 100-10 Wed, Nov 14 at MiamiU F MIAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!W 42-28 Fri, Nov 23 CENTRAL MICHIGANAkron goes 10-2

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like what I'm hearing on GoZips.com Nate Robinson and Dennis Kennedy are players I have high expectations for. The only question right now is who will be the starting quarterback? We'll have to wait and see.2 games on ESPN2, gotta' love that.Here is an early prediction for next season:W 34-17 Sat, Sep 01 ARMY (at Browns Stadium)W 51-13 Sat, Sep 08 at Ohio State W 35-28 Sat, Sep 15 at Indiana W 42-37 Sat, Sep 22 Can't STATE W 31-14 Sat, Sep 29 at Connecticut L 21-24 Sat, Oct 06 at Western MichiganW 45-21 Sat, Oct 13 TEMPLE (Homecoming) W 41-17 Sat, Oct 27 at Buffalo L 35-38 Fri, Nov 02 at Bowling GreenW 35-28 Wed, Nov 07 OHIO W 100-10 Wed, Nov 14 at MiamiU F MIAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!W 42-28 Fri, Nov 23 CENTRAL MICHIGANAkron goes 10-2
I can't wait for the 100 points put up on Miami :lol::thumb:

I heard Bowling Green is going to have a down year this year. so if you switch that OSU and BG score, then it is alot closer to being possible. i also think we can beat WM.

Honestly, I think we'll beat OSU. The only problem with the Bowling Green game is that it's away and later in the season. We'll see what happens though. Predictions are predictions so we'll have to wait and see. The only thing I'm positive about is beating tOSU Suckeyes.

Honestly, I think we'll beat OSU. The only problem with the Bowling Green game is that it's away and later in the season. We'll see what happens though. Predictions are predictions so we'll have to wait and see. The only thing I'm positive about is beating tOSU Suckeyes.
Based on what?In ten words or less of course...cuz I don't read longer posts :lol:

Based on what?In ten words or less of course...cuz I don't read longer posts :lol:
276822a~Fish-on-Hook-Posters.jpg

My early predictions:W - Sat, Sep 01 ARMY (at Browns Stadium)L - Sat, Sep 08 at Ohio StateL - Sat, Sep 15 at IndianaW - Sat, Sep 22 Can't STATEW - Sat, Sep 29 at ConnecticutL - Sat, Oct 06 at Western MichiganW - Sat, Oct 13 TEMPLE (Homecoming)W - Sat, Oct 27 at BuffaloW - Fri, Nov 02 at Bowling GreenW - Wed, Nov 07 OHIOL - Wed, Nov 14 at MiamiU F MIAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!W - Fri, Nov 23 CENTRAL MICHIGAN8-4 Overall, only two conference losses

My early predictions:W - Sat, Sep 01 ARMY (at Browns Stadium)L - Sat, Sep 08 at Ohio StateL - Sat, Sep 15 at IndianaW - Sat, Sep 22 Can't STATEW - Sat, Sep 29 at ConnecticutL - Sat, Oct 06 at Western MichiganW - Sat, Oct 13 TEMPLE (Homecoming)W - Sat, Oct 27 at BuffaloW - Fri, Nov 02 at Bowling GreenW - Wed, Nov 07 OHIOL - Wed, Nov 14 at MiamiU F MIAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!W - Fri, Nov 23 CENTRAL MICHIGAN8-4 Overall, only two conference losses
This is a little bit more realistic. I say we end it 9-3 i agree with you on all this except that Miami Game, i think we go into oxford and beat the skum hawks of miami. End the season on a 6 game win streak...... sounds very good to me. It all comes down to how well the offensive line gels together an works as a team. If they come together quickly then i can see us winning the MAC again.

If Carlton Jackson had a bit more experience I'd be tempted to pick them against Indiana as well...
I think we can beat Indiana now. OSU will beat us up. Sorry Bobby, I know UA has a better accounting program, but this is football.I am actually worried about Army. It seems we always lose to those guys.Our defensive line scares the crap out of me. Our starters aren't very good, and our backups are all walkons. I know some walkons really come through, but 3 in the same year isn't very likely. All of the academic casualities the last couple of years has killed our d-line. I would have loved to have seen Cline and Stoudamire play.

OSU wont have the explosive offense they had last yead and they've struggled to beat up MAC schools in the past. I think it will be close. Akron has a good chance.
But they still have a great defense.If it wasn't Carlton's second game, I'd agree with you. But I think the Bucks defense wins it for 'em on forcing turnovers.

i love the zips, but they osu pretty much hand picks there team.the only good thing is we open up with army.even though they lost people osu they will find a way to replace them.they probably won't have the offense from last year.at the same time we had touble geeting postive yards rushing against some mac teams let alone scoring.

OSU wont have the explosive offense they had last yead and they've struggled to beat up MAC schools in the past. I think it will be close. Akron has a good chance.
You are going to see a new Tressel after January 8th. That loss was the most humiliating in his life. He and the team are more focused than ever,UA has no chance in this game. Disagree all you want. We can talk again after the game. OSU didn't lose nearly as much as you think they did.Antonio Henton is expected to be better than Smith. Wells is better than Pittman. Ginn is the only big loss. 3 starting o-lineman will return and the defense will be lights out.As much as I would love to see UA pull the upset, it isn't going to happen.OSU will beat us up.OSU is a future opponent. That is why we are discussing them.

I agree that we have a chance against Ohio State. The Buckeyes don't know who their QB is, and they struggled prior to Troy Smith. They've got other holes to fill, and they're not unbeatable.I would appreciate if the Nation had a little more faith. If we don't, then how can we expect our team to?

I agree that we have a chance against Ohio State. The Buckeyes don't know who their QB is, and they struggled prior to Troy Smith. They've got other holes to fill, and they're not unbeatable.I would appreciate if the Nation had a little more faith. If we don't, then how can we expect our team to?
But the Zips don't know who their QB is either. If they did, I really do think they'd have a shot. But Chris Wells > Dennis Kennedy and OSU Defense > Akron Defense...so I don't think it'll be much of a match. And how did OSU struggle prior Troy Smith? He began starting or at least sharing starting duties in 04-05...the previous year they won the Fiesta Bowl and finished #4 in the country...the year before that they were National Champs.I mean, there's always a chance...and I hope our guys don't go in expecting to lose. But I wouldn't be putting any money on Akron either, that's for sure.

OMG...I hope our players don't read this thread.If they think like this, then UA has NO CHANCE. And, I personally don't want them to live down to these expectations.

But the Zips don't know who their QB is either. If they did, I really do think they'd have a shot. But Chris Wells > Dennis Kennedy and OSU Defense > Akron Defense...so I don't think it'll be much of a match. And how did OSU struggle prior Troy Smith? He began starting or at least sharing starting duties in 04-05...the previous year they won the Fiesta Bowl and finished #4 in the country...the year before that they were National Champs.
Excuse me, you forgot 2004 when they lost to Northwestern, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Purdue, and went to the top rated Alamo Bowl.http://ohiostatebuckeyes.cstv.com/sports/m...sched-2004.html

OMG...I hope our players don't read this thread.If they think like this, then UA has NO CHANCE. And, I personally don't want them to live down to these expectations.
If our players read a thread on ZipsNation.org and it actually affects their preparation for a game against Ohio State, we have more problems than we initially thought.