Favorite Akron bar??

I recently turned 21 and when my friends and I whent on a bar tour we stoped by everyone on exchange but I"m gonna have to agree with you guys and say that it is definetly PINTS!! just about no where else can you get as good of prices and be able to just sit have a beer and talk with people. all the other places have crappy music that is to loud to be able to hear anyone

Hook, Line and Drinkers - Portage Lakes
Ok. That one wins for best name. I too enjoy pints, but bdubs is absolutely the best atmosphere for pregame/sporting activities. Mannys is a good place to just sit and :CK_brew: yourself into oblivion.See everyone tomorrow!

Northside! Right next to Luigi's. There's an art gallery upstairs and live music EVERY NIGHT! And it's not crappy live music. These bands don't suck. You'll find me there pretty much every Thursday! I agree on Pints and Manny's though. Fuel was nice. I pretty much dig on any place that isn't crowded. I'll see ya'll at B-Dubs tomorrow for the Tribe game before the spring game.

Where is Pints?Back in the dark ages, pre Zip Strip, all we had were the Sun, Towne House, The Zip Varsity Inn, Mitch's, Armadillo and Wannemakers over on Perkins St.The Bucket Shop, The Other Bar and Annebelle's in Highland Sq were always hopping too.To be honest, we probably hit the Can't bars more often. Loft, JB's, Filthy McNasty's, Rays, Mothers, The Deck.

Gotta go with Playboy on this one, as they voted 'The Sun' the best college bar in Akron.PS Townhouse and Splash were it in the day. Hopefully the new stadium will bring more good bars to the area because it kind of stinks right now.

SUN wins hands down.Also was a fan of FRANK'S PLACE, which shows my age.
No offense guys, but the Sun may have been the place when it was voted in playboy in 1985 or whenever, but it's really not now. It has a nice set up, but is almost always dead, with the exceptions of when the basketball team used to hang out there back in the Tarver days. It's a good place to go if you want to choke down a tall boy of Natty Ice. Oh...and Pints is where the old paninis was on exchange attached to the drive thru beverage, next to taco bell. Same bar as before, different name.

:rock: dang,some of you guys are almost as old as me...there was a place called LIlNIKS which was in the building which was just west of where the old mickey d's used to be...brother of a guy i worked with at Juvenile Court ran it...hole in the wall but it was great...there was aTokyo Shapiro electronics store right next to it for a while..we could walk into mickey d's parking lot, puke and then get a cheap big mac...ummmm