Army/Akron

akronad

I don't know how much parking there will be, but the air show runs basically from about 11:00 am to 5:00 or 6:00 pm. The Zips kick-off is scheduled for 6:00 pm and just as a kicker, the Indians will be playing the White Sox @ 7:00.If nothing else, parking will be at a premium.

Well hey lets look on the bright side at the very least the people who are there to see the air show might be enticed to go see a football game while theyre there. We'll just have to get there early and booze all day til game time... hahaha it'll sure make for a rowdy crowd that way hahahaha.

I just spoke with my secretary, who has been at the airshow the past 4 or 5 years. You get not only the people that really pay to see the show, but those that tailgate in one of the parking lots and watch the show from there. She said that parking is at a premium until about 3:00, then cars started dwindling out from the lots.

Unfortunately, 4:45 isn't going to help those of us who want to go up there at 2pm to tailgate.
Seems like it may be a challenge, but we'll figure it our somehow. :cheers: I'm sure the MAC will make certain to take care of its fans by negotiating with the city to reserve a sizeable section of the muni lot for "Patriot Bowl Fans Only" :lol:

I hear ya Captain. Let's stay positive and hope this all works out. Since we all have to go up to Cleveland, I was hoping that the early arrivals would all be able to be close together in the Muni Lot to tailgate. But, I have my doubts now since we may all be scattered around, based on where there's available spaces at that time.Let's hope Akronad is right, and most of the air show folks will be leaving by mid-afternoon.

Have you all ever been to Cleveland -- is this your first time? The pit located between West 3rd and West 6th (also known as the Fagans lot) will be empty. Also, the parking lot opposit it north of the tracks will be empty too. I'll be behind the court house (which will also be empty) with a nice view of the air show and a walk down the steps and aross the bridge to the game (past the goal posts). The muny lot will be busy -- so don't park there. I know that is all they show on TV before a game, but haven't parked there since the 80s. Get ther early set up your Zips flag and start your barbecue. It's going to be a grand day. If possible get yourself some Club seats on the 50 and have access to a bar during the game. Not to mention more comfortable seats.

The pit located between West 3rd and West 6th (also known as the Fagans lot) will be empty.
I love the pit! That's generally where I go for Browns games unless I plan on getting absolutely rocked and wanna see some crazy stuff -- that's when I go to the Muny Lot. I say we set up in the pit. It's actually a shorter walk and easier to get out of.