Soccer Stadium Master Plan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I thought the new stadium was going to double as a soccer/football stadium?
Well, on the one hand, it might allow the stands to be a bit closer to the field than if it were fit for futbol. And, it increases the odds that the new stadium will have an artificial surface like field turf. Has anyone heard anything on this "ground".ZIP

I thought the new stadium was going to double as a soccer/football stadium?
Well, on the one hand, it might allow the stands to be a bit closer to the field than if it were fit for futbol. And, it increases the odds that the new stadium will have an artificial surface like field turf. Has anyone heard anything on this "ground".ZIP
I would be absolutely shocked if the new stadium turf were anything but field turf. How else could you hold the 100+ events/yr that there're talking about? I'm sure a lot of HS games will be played there. No way you could do that with grass. Unless...you were stupid like the Steelers and wanted to play in a sod chunk fest every week.Even OSU is going to field turf.

ZIP
I would be absolutely shocked if the new stadium turf were anything but field turf. How else could you hold the 100+ events/yr that there're talking about? I'm sure a lot of HS games will be played there. No way you could do that with grass. Unless...you were stupid like the Steelers and wanted to play in a sod chunk fest every week.Even OSU is going to field turf.That's interesting Cappy. I hadn't heard any figures like that about expected use. Are they talking about music concerts in addition to ball games? What else -- gym class? :D