Detailed stadium rendering

MRasor0200

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the U of A does a great marketing job for our last game in the bowl
I used to love the place, but now... can we bring along sledge hammers for after?
You don't even need sledgehammers just stand on top of the bleachers and jump a little.... no really, we broke quite a few last year.

That stadium really looks good and reminds me of The University of South Carolina's Williams-Brice Stadium (on a much smaller scale and without the end bleachers, of course). I definitely see room for expansion at the north end, either in the form of a new section of bleachers or turning it into another horseshoe-type stadium. I'm really pumped about the original plans, though, and can't friggin' wait to see the first game!

Looks very nice. But I still wanted a bowl. Will I still be able to walk around to the other side to check out the visiting cheerleaders?As for artifacts from the Rubber Bowl, I'd like to take the bathroom stall from the far endzone where I once had to take a dump without a door. I'll set it up in my backyard as a reminder of my years of partying in that place.However, I still think they should leave the Rubber Bowl standing, and bring tourists through it 300 years from now as it resembles the Roman Coliseum.

Skip-zip, your post made me lol. On another topic.....The lack of light standards is a pretty glaring rendering omission. I have to believe that the stadium will include lights mounted behind the stands as opposed to in front of them as the new stadium will not be in the flight path of the Akron Muni Airport.

DAMN THAT'S BEAUTIFUL!Outside of the lack of a clock tower, I think I pretty much called it. View in from Exchange street, nice scoreboard, grass endzone seating, visitors will be able to see Downtown Akron and UofA. What I didn't expect is how nicely it would look! I expected UA to cut corners somewhere, but I can't see where. I think the lights can be seen in the rendering, My guess is that it is a long bank of lights running the entire length of the pressbox. As for expansion...no problem. If we need to expand this place, there is room on the North AND South endzones. Add a few rows to the top and you've got a stadium to seat 60,000 easy. If we need to add that much space, then there will be pleanty of money to move the scoreboard!Tailgating: I thought I heard somewhere that Brown St would have spots available for a fee. Personally, I think UA should go through the lower lot at the RB first and offer them to people who actually attend games. The WMU game last year, all the paid for spots were empty! As for other spots, I think we should just spontaneously show up at Kathryn's place and get that place rocking like the old days. :rock: I don't like the idea of tailgating on a parking deck and I would like to be close to the stadium. If this is the stadium design, then it is, hands down the nicest stadium in the MAC. Beautiful! Simply Beautiful! :rock:

It looks great! Anyone know if seating will be predominantly bleacher style or chair-back? This would also be a terrific venue for NCAA soccer tourney. It looks wide enough anyways. A couple SEC stadiums (LSU and Geogia I believe) show yardage lines in 5 yard increments on the field instead of the normal 10; I'd like to see something similar on the new field.

It looks great, but wouldn't you rather have the majority of seating (home stands, press box, suites & loges) facing campus/downtown/valley/sunset?Maybe they could use the RB light standards outside the stadium somewhere like along Exchange St. as an architectural element. I like the way the dorms complement the stadium but don't hide it. How many stories is the stadium tower, like 7 or 8?

Great job! I don't mind secrecy if things turn out like this. Mack mentioned not a big change in ticket prices. My guess then is that the club seats, loges, and suites will be hefty and there will a donation like basketball for some of the better seats. Parking and food will be higher although I am all for raising prices somewhat especially for big OOC games like Indiana, Kentucky etc.I like the homestands where they are. If most of our games are still starting around 6, the sun going down at that time will make it hard to see for the east stands.Can't wait for August 1st!

Looks very nice. But I still wanted a bowl.
Isn't it BOTH?It looks to me that below ground level, there are seats on both sides & the grass in the endzones .. and then the grandstands rise above ground level .. slightly on the east, and more on the west w/ the press box.Seems to me the lower section is a bowl .. seats not all the way around .. but this isn't the Doyt or anything like this.. when you enter the stadium, the field appears to be below grade, right?

Isn't it BOTH? when you enter the stadium, the field appears to be below grade, right?
From what I can tell from this one picture the field is going to be about 10-20 feet below street level. Which would create hill seating on both the north and south ends. This also would allow for easy seating expansion if needed in the future. It will be nice when the 1st rolls around and we can see more pictures and have an official announcement of plans.

I got dibs on a trough.
Was thinking the same thing. Would make a cool bathroom remodel! Not sure my wife and daughter would agree.DEFINITELY won't miss the open stalls.We HAVE to find a use/home for one of the light posts from the Rubber Bowl. Grab the troughs and a light post and dump dirt on everything else.

Isn't it BOTH?It looks to me that below ground level, there are seats on both sides & the grass in the endzones .. and then the grandstands rise above ground level .. slightly on the east, and more on the west w/ the press box.Seems to me the lower section is a bowl .. seats not all the way around .. but this isn't the Doyt or anything like this.. when you enter the stadium, the field appears to be below grade, right?
Hopefully the lawn seating creates the bowl like Scott stadium in Charlottesville.I sat there for the Zips game, I thought it was pretty neat.800px-Charlottesville-va_UVirginia_Scott_Stad05.jpg

I wonder what the vintage "fixtures" would bring if Mack and Dr. Proenza decided to hold an auction to raise money for the new stadium? They could bundle a 6"x6" section of 20-layer painted wall and a similar-size section of floor (both THOROUGHLY sanitized I hope) with each trough and commode. Other items of interest might include: rusty chain-link fence, jagged chunks of fiberglass seating, bag-o-crumbling concrete, turf complete with game-day "residue", burned-out scoreboard light bulbs, vacuum-sealed "insulation" (asbestos), "WHAT a rat hole!" graffiti from the visitor's (and home team's) locker rooms ... ah yes, skip-zip, the memories ...

great looking stadium... can't wait to see it in person!!!Any updates on season tickets? When will they sell seats? or will current seats get you same location in new stadium? Or will it be a lottery? (KNow this is kind of early to ask)BTW - What happens to the Rubber Bowl? Does the University own it? (ie. keeping it maintained for safety?) or does the city own it?InterFX