Hixon Involved

Sergeant Zip

The doctors are now saying that it unlikely that he will ever walk again. What an awful outcome for that young man. We all need to pray for him, his family, the entire Buffalo Bills organization, and Domenic Hixson who now has to live with this for the rest of his life even though it was a fluke thing.

pro football is the one sport where i don't have problem with the guys making big money.these guys are out there abusing there bodies.i think very few play pro ball and don't have some kind of medical problems down the road.hopefully the kid will walk again,and i hope for the best.

Everyone in the NFL knows that it's no one's fault. Something like this can happen on any play to any player.But even if you don't consciously blame yourself, it's still gotta make you sick to your stomach to know you were involved. That's rough. I hope domenik is talking to people.

Domenik Hixon talked about the opening kickoff return of the second half, when Buffalo's Kevin Everett suffered a cervical spine injury while tackling Hixon. "Honestly, there was nothing out of the ordinary on the play," Hixon said. "I had no idea anything was wrong. He hit me, and then I was trying to get up myself. I didn't realize, see or hear anything. ... All I can do is pray for him now." -- Denver Post

I love this part of the story. Makes you think.Green said the key was the quick action taken by Cappuccino to run an ice-cold saline solution through Everett's system that put the player in a hypothermic state. Doctors at the Miami Project have demonstrated in their laboratories that such action significantly decreases the damage to the spinal cord due to swelling and movement."We've been doing a protocol on humans and having similar experiences for many months now," Green said. "But this is the first time I'm aware of that the doctor was with the patient when he was injured and the hypothermia was started within minutes of the injury. We know the earlier it's started, the better."Everett remains in intensive care and will be slowly taken off sedation and have his body temperature warmed over the next day, Green said. Doctors will also take the player off a respirator.