Tailgating was Well Done!!

bobbyake

We were getting a lot of compliments from Can't State students about how we tailgate. A lot of the Can't Students told me they had a lot of fun and would come back for more Akron games. They also said :screwks: when it comes to tailgating and fan support. I want everyone to know they did a great job with tailgating. My group had over 60 students in it and we were able to provide 3 sets of corn holl boards, beer pong, enough food to go around (a lot of eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, over 60 hot dogs, 20 chicken breasts, deer cabosi, and much more). All of the food was gone by 11:00. The keg was gone before 10:00!!!! It was a great time and I hope everyone comes back for the Temple game. If anyone would like to combine their group with ours, let me know.

I don't know if anyone posted this on here yet but this looked like a good place to ask. Did anyone notice the terrible mess left in the lot after the game? There was garbage EVERYWHERE! And it did not look that way when we went into the game. I was either thinking that some disgruntled Can't fans ripped open garbage bags and made a mess or people just cannot party responsibly. Seriously guys, I know it's a tailgate "party" and it's time to get rowdy, but can we please keep the lot clean and put garbage where it belongs? The RB is the only place I've tailgated where parking lot attendants come around passing out garbage bags and never give anyone any crap for having a good time. After the disgraceful display left after the game, I would not be surprised to begin seeing Parking Lot Nazis outside hassling fans. Let's keep it clean folks.Thanks

Maybe there needs to be more garbage pales and receptacles? I personally witnessed people put their cups down by fence lines on several occasions. One girl who I saw do it actually looked half embrassed when she did it, and I suppose she should have held onto it until she got somewhere to throw it out, but maybe it would be better to put out more receptacles.

Zen, I agree with you. They did hand out bags and we were using them. The mess we came back to was bigger than the mess we left so there could have been disgruntled Can't fans ripping bags open. I didn't see the bags out there when we came back.

We were getting a lot of compliments from Can't State students about how we tailgate. A lot of the Can't Students told me they had a lot of fun and would come back for more Akron games. They also said  :screwks: when it comes to tailgating and fan support. I want everyone to know they did a great job with tailgating. My group had over 60 students in it and we were able to provide 3 sets of corn holl boards, beer pong, enough food to go around (a lot of eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, over 60 hot dogs, 20 chicken breasts, deer cabosi, and much more). All of the food was gone by 11:00. The keg was gone before 10:00!!!! It was a great time and I hope everyone comes back for the Temple game. If anyone would like to combine their group with ours, let me know.
Can I have your recipe for deer cabosi? I need something unique to go with my 3-day old poi at the Hawaii-Utah State game. :rolleyes: Would you serve that with a syrah, or valpolicella?

I agree. The parking areas looked terrible after the game.We take own trash bags with us and make sure we put everything into those and then as we are walking to the stadium, we find a trash can and put the bag into the can.I don't think that is too difficult. Also, they should have had more trash containers available.Otherwise, it was a great day. :wave:

I can't blame anything on K.e.n.t. fans. We outnumbered them 20-1 in that lot. Maybe more. If the place was a wreck, it is our fault. I agree with Bleacher Bum -- We have it pretty good in that lot. The environment was AWESOME Saturday. We need to keep the place in decent order or the Administration will enact some stupid policy that screws us. It should be common sense to keep the lot clean and bag your garbage...just like it should be common sense for guys in my office to lift the toilet seat when they take a leak...but apparently a lot of people are just flat-out slobs. My solution: Have the parking attendants mention "Keep the Lot Clean" when people pull in the lot. Put up a sign or two too. And if someone next to you is being a slob, hand them a garbage bag.

Who cares how the lot looked? It's owned by the City of Akron. They have been choking the University for decades for every last penny they can squeeze out of the U. Between making the U pay for it's parking spots they sell in advance and the permits to erect every little tent, they should have plenty of money to clean up. Screw them. Let them get their asses out there and clean up some trash. It's the cost of doing business...big crowds make big messes. In a couple of years, we will have our own lots and you guys can worry about another important parking issue such as trash clean up then.

In a couple of years, we will have our own lots and you guys can worry about another important parking issue such as trash clean up then.
I only worry about it because I don't want 20 squad cars hassling the Akron fans about garbage. No better way to kill a tailgate party. If the University and City feel the garbage is a cost of doing business, then it is fine. But University's and City's have been known to overreact to this stuff in the past.Only 3 home games left in 2007 anyhow...and thanks to the brilliant scheduling, two are on weekdays, so the attendance & subsequent garbage won't be near what we saw on Saturday.

Only 3 home games left in 2007 anyhow...and thanks to the brilliant scheduling, two are on weekdays, so the attendance & subsequent garbage won't be near what we saw on Saturday.
Actually, last Saturday was probably the last big crowd EVER for a Rubber Bowl UofA game as we will play Can't at Can't next year and the following year the new stadium will be open. Doesn't seem to be much interest in going to the Rubber Bowl to watch Akron play anyone other than Can't.Everyone, please don't worry too much about the trash situation at the Rubber Bowl. Within two years, that place should become landfill as well. Twenty cops are not going to interrupt their overtime Rubber Bowl Coffee Talk to come swooping down to disrupt the tailgating. :CK_brew:

I took several friends who had never been to an Akron game with me Saturday and they loved the set up. They were just sad that we didn't get there earlier (a noon game is tough). But, they can't wait to go to the Temple game. Hopefully they won't change the time again and we can have a full day of tailgating. They even bought shirts to wear for the next game. Hmmm, not Akron grads but ready to have some fun and see some good football. PS. I couldn't believe how many ppl. at work today told me they were watching the game on TV and were royally pissed when it was interrupted!!!