A couple questions....

mrherd05

How many fans do you actually expect will be at the game?

Why?

What is the closest hotel to the stadium?

Do any of you have a contact at a hotel, where I can stay real cheap? Maybe free? Hey it doesnt hurt to ask does it.

I expect 25,000 at the game. HUGE marketing push. Bank on it.

DO NOT...I repeat...DO NOT stay in a hotel near the stadium. There are only a few, and I wouldn't even recommend them to a Marshall fan.

If you want a "feel" for the University, the city and the campus, stay in a downtown Akron hotel. Radison or Quaker Square Hilton. Downtown has a good bar and resturaunt district near the Aero's stadium. Everything in walking distance. I'm guessing $70.00 per night? Check on-line.

If you want a nice, inexpensive place (under $60.00), look towards North Canton. Only 8 or so miles from the University (south) and 5 miles from the Rubber Bowl. Nice area...typical chain resturaunts and bars.

Tailgate down by the Blimp hanger. Get there early, or get shut out.

Guest ***GUEST_Z.I.P.

MrHerd05,

Too bad that GL's Motel isn't still on Massillon Road in Green. That would have been the perfect stop for Herd fans. They didn't call it The Rubber Capitol of the World for nothin, after all. And free crab legs. Not to mention the rest of the buggers.

Ah -- I love being a native of the capitol of West Virginia -- Akron, Ohio! :CK_brew:

How many fans do you actually expect will be at the game?

Why?

What is the closest hotel to the stadium?

Do any of you have a contact at a hotel, where I can stay real cheap? Maybe free? Hey it doesnt hurt to ask does it.

I expect 25,000 at the game. HUGE marketing push. Bank on it.

Givng away Tickets isn't a marketing push....

Guest Lee Owens

LMFAO! They're giving away tickets? What will they think of next. Still, there won't be anywhere near the 25,000 that some people here (read post above) claim. Maybe 2,500 but not 25,000. The last time Akron had 25,000 was it total for six homes games in 1998.

Just do what most Marshall fans do. Hook up your trailer and park it at the Rubber Bowl.

Sleep there that night. I think last time, the APD turned their sirens on at 9am the next

morning to boot everybody out.