Anti-Zippy Conspiracy

zip81

This is no surprise. They have no class.
That's just the nature of the rivalry that they have with us.I would like to assume that if their mascot were in this, many of us would actually vote for them despite our rivalry, because our mascot isn't in there competing against it.... BUT, I have seen some people around here who would rather flush go down anyway, so I think this is probably mutual.

Well, because of the rivalry, I could understand that they might not care if Zippy wins, or actually might hope that Zippy loses. But, making an outright EFFORT to sabotage our chances is pretty bad. Frankly, if that Bird was in the competition, and we were not, most of us would probably not even pay attention to it.

I would like to assume that if their mascot were in this, many of us would actually vote for them despite our rivalry
Are you serious? If they were in this thing I would vote against that stupid bird of theirs 100 times a day.

I'll give Can't this much credit... at least they know who their rival is and actually make it a point to demonstrate that they don't like us, which is, you know, what rivals do. (A fact that's lost on about half the posters here).

I'll give Can't this much credit... at least they know who their rival is and actually make it a point to demonstrate that they don't like us, which is, you know, what rivals do.  (A fact that's lost on about half the posters here).
I know people who went to Can't. I have fun when our schools play each other, but we have a friendly rivalry. I spare no jabs when we win, and I get to suffer when we lose. BUTWhat I can't understand is when people take rivalries seriously enough to be hateful, spiteful, and begrudging. To people who do that, I say, get a freakin life.

I went to try and throw Can't a bone and vote for their mascot so that it was involved in next years capitalone mascot challenge; however, I looked and they had Can't flushes (which must be a different school) Because I swear that it has always been the Can't State National Guard Targetsor was it the Dead Hippies? Anyway neither of those were available so I just kept voting for the greatest mascot in the country...Zippy!

I went to try and throw Can't a bone and vote for their mascot so that it was involved in next years capitalone mascot challenge; however, I looked and they had Can't flushes (which must be a different school) Because I swear that it has always been the Can't State National Guard Targetsor was it the Dead Hippies?  Anyway neither of those were available so I just kept voting for the greatest mascot in the country...Zippy!
That's getting a bit harsh, don't you think?

I went to try and throw Can't a bone and vote for their mascot so that it was involved in next years capitalone mascot challenge; however, I looked and they had Can't flushes (which must be a different school) Because I swear that it has always been the Can't State National Guard Targetsor was it the Dead Hippies?  Anyway neither of those were available so I just kept voting for the greatest mascot in the country...Zippy!
No, I really feel that Zippy is the best mascot in the country.

No, I really feel that Zippy is the best mascot in the country.
Granted g-mann, and I applaud your enthusiasm.I don't tell other people what to do, however personally, I would recommend avoiding any analogy to that incident in this particular topic. It is much too serious and tragic to bring into a discussion about school mascots. My 2 cents.

as tragic as it is when several people get shot, violence happens every day. What really bothers me is when government thinks they can strong-arm people out of protesting and practicing their free speech rights. That was the real tragedy of Can't State so long ago. I hope we never again see government trying to forcably bully college student into submission like that ever again... I don't care what issue they are protesting or demonstrating about. I don't intend to demean the people who were shot.... and I have a sense of humor about Can't being a hippy school and all that. I do think that zip81 is right though, it is possible to be a little to callous with certain 'jokes'now, back on topic. Why don't we have a zippy smiley?*goes to work*