PRIDE!

JP Morgan

Just wanted to say I watched the game at my home with 5 of my buddies (most were Buckeye fans). In the end I have never been more proud to be a Zips fan! Great showing by the fans that attended, great effort by the players, great showing by the University (with the exception of the "delapidated rubber bowl.")

I couldn't help but imagine the following scenario:

Dateline 2008 - "Zips Open New Season in New On-Campus Stadium"

The reigning MAC Champs Akron Zips will open the 2008 in their new home this Friday night, a game which will be televised nationally on ESPN. The game has been sold out for months as people in throughout Ohio are hoping to get the first glimps of the new 30,000 seat stadium. The opening of this stadium couldn't come at a better time as the Zips are coming off a season in which they were MAC champions and winners of the GMAC bowl where they defeated Ohio State 35-21. Coach JD Brookhart who just signed a new 5 year deal said, "it's an exciting time here at Akron and I'm looking forward to being a part of a new tradition of winning here in this new facility." Former Zip and current starting quarterback for the Cleveland Browns Charlie Frye will return for the game and will be inducted into the Akron Hall of fame at halftime.

I'll leave it to your own imagination for the rest...

GO ZIPS

JP, cute scenario.

Only, you missed one thing.

Charlie will NEVER wear a Clowns uniform.

The Clowns brain bust is entirely too stupid to even be aware

that such a talented player exists just down the road.

Smart money says Charlie will be a first round pick of the

Miami Dolphins who need him desperately.

Charlie can thank his vitrual twin Big Ben for a lot of openned

eyes.

ESPN2 delivered to the nation what Zips fans have known for

four years. Charlie really is the best QB in college football.

Just wanted to say I watched the game at my home with 5 of my buddies (most were Buckeye fans). In the end I have never been more proud to be a Zips fan! Great showing by the fans that attended, great effort by the players, great showing by the University (with the exception of the "delapidated rubber bowl.")

I couldn't help but imagine the following scenario:

Dateline 2008 - "Zips Open New Season in New On-Campus Stadium"

The reigning MAC Champs Akron Zips will open the 2008 in their new home this Friday night, a game which will be televised nationally on ESPN. The game has been sold out for months as people in throughout Ohio are hoping to get the first glimps of the new 30,000 seat stadium. The opening of this stadium couldn't come at a better time as the Zips are coming off a season in which they were MAC champions and winners of the GMAC bowl where they defeated Ohio State 35-21. Coach JD Brookhart who just signed a new 5 year deal said, "it's an exciting time here at Akron and I'm looking forward to being a part of a new tradition of winning here in this new facility." Former Zip and current starting quarterback for the Cleveland Browns Charlie Frye will return for the game and will be inducted into the Akron Hall of fame at halftime.

I'll leave it to your own imagination for the rest...

GO ZIPS

You forgot the 2008 ending:

"...and I watched it all with my 5 buckeye buddies from my house in Mineral Ridge."

Get your butt out of Mahoning County and get up here for a game, you bum! Ridge is out of the playoffs, so there's no excuse!

Signed, CK

Alumni of the 2004 State Cross Country Champs

Mc Donald High School

The Clowns brain bust is entirely too stupid to even be aware

that such a talented player exists just down the road.

I'll give you that. Cleveland, or should I say Butch Davis (recently) have really done well with their picks the past few years haven't they? :john:

Get your butt out of Mahoning County and get up here for a game, you bum!

JP and brother Airtime will be at the Miami game, save us a beer :CK_brew: and a seat :john: CK!