How much do you think this effects or affects ticket sales?

Ryno aka Menace

http://msn.careerbuilder.com/custom/msn/ca...1&GT1=10466I have heard on this message board before how people just can't afford to go to the games. I think that is just a cop out but there is some validity to that statement based on this study. For those that don't know Canton is the next town over from Akron, I am sure Akron isn't too far from the list as well. I think UA tickets are a bargain considering what it costs to go see other college teams, and the Indians and Cavs don't seem to have a problem selling tickets even though you could use the argument that those are professional teams.

The local economy might affect season tickets a bit, but not game day sales.The main factor in selling out Zips games is the team quality. If the Zips are winning...really winning, not going 7-5 every 3 years...people will show up regardless of the overall economic situation. BTW -- There are plenty of people in the area that seem to be doing very well, financially. That doesn't make for all that great a news story, so you don't see that in the papers too often. The game day experience needs to be fun. That's where the crappy Rubber Bowl hurts. While the tailgating is great, getting people out to Ellet to see it for themselves is tough.Win + get the hell out of the Rubber Bowl asap. That's what will sell tickets.

Interesting, but not surprising.NE Ohio is a professional sports area. I think that hurts Akron more than anything. Tie in a slow economy, and things become even more difficult as people may not want to spend the extra money.With that said, there is no excuse for each UofA graduate living in NE Ohio not attending at least one basketball and one football game a year. If that happened, every game would be sold out.

You know, that article about Ohio State was very revealing last week. They are in a city where thousands of people can't even make their mortgage payments, yet they rake in serious money for athletics. Again, I think the biggest difference between us, and those down in Columbus, is that they view OSU's national title hopes as a big part of their lives. We don't get those kinds of opportunities, so people may not view it as being as important. But, the Ohio sports fan mentality is still basically the same in that even poor people will jump on a bandwagon of a winning sports program.

CK is 100% correct.if akron wins people wil show up.having a new stadium will help that also.if the team loses eventually you will have an empty new stadium.win and you will fill it for every game.i don't mean one 7-5 season,they need a season where they jump into the top 25 for even one week wouldhelp.