Internet Broadcast

UAZipster0305

spin it any way you want the team is done because jd wanted to prove his point.
This is coming from a guy who did not see the game, than God, but it looks as if CJ11 started. I agree and said earlier in the year that there are some coaches who would rather be right than win. With out current QB situation, JD would rather be right about CJ11 than win games. In this day and age, it is critical that the QB you put into the game be a winner and make others around him better. The good news for CJ11 is that if he continues to lose, he will join a long line of loserly QBs at Akron.
This coming from someone who admittedly doesn't attend the games. I don't know the reason the coach has decided not to play Jackson and no one else on this board does. I'll give the head coach a pass on this till someone can answer that question. There could be a lot more to this than anyone can imagine. To say he's losing games to prove a point is as thoughtless as declaring who is and isn't a winner. Do you have some sort of winner radar to be able to determine those assertions? Jackson brings a strong running potential that Jaq lacks, but that's no guarantee of success on the field. Is "loserly" even a word? :john:
Great win tonight. While I think we have a good team and will contend for the MAC East, I'm shocked we were able to win a game when it was the second road game in a row. Statistically very difficult to do.Normally, the butt monkeys come in after a loss and say things like "where is this program now?" and then go onto tell everyone how this program has gone nowhere under JD. I would like to answer that question after a win. We now have a program that can win close games as far back as the MACC. There is no way that this program wins a game like tonight prior to JD. Prior to JD, the WMU would have scored 38 and we would have had 35.Has this program turned a corner where we can now count on them to win close games whether it is a low scoring game or a high scoring game? I think we have. Perhaps the players are getting used to winning. I don't think there has ever been a time since 1987 when we could say that. No more players crying in locker rooms...no more coaches crying in post game radio interviews...no more of any of that nonsense. Attitude means a lot and this team may have the right attitude.This was a huge win for the program. Someone mentioned Akron plays Temple next week. 4-3 (2-0) looks good. I 'd like to know the last time Temple has beaten two I-A teams in a row? More importantly, when is the last time they won a road game?By the way, how about that special teams coach?Go Zips!!!! Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone.--------------------
Anyone care to guess who posted above? :laugh_up: Who would praise the coach one day and rip him a couple of weeks later? Hmmmmm. :chair:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

who knows if we would be better off right now.i do know we probably would be no worse off.like i said jd is going to stick with cj11, and take this team to another losing season.at this point it really does not matter because most zips fans don't care anymore at this point,and are ready for b-ball.this will be shown at the gate the rest of the season.

spin it any way you want the team is done because jd wanted to prove his point.
This is coming from a guy who did not see the game, than God, but it looks as if CJ11 started. I agree and said earlier in the year that there are some coaches who would rather be right than win. With out current QB situation, JD would rather be right about CJ11 than win games. In this day and age, it is critical that the QB you put into the game be a winner and make others around him better. The good news for CJ11 is that if he continues to lose, he will join a long line of loserly QBs at Akron.
This coming from someone who admittedly doesn't attend the games. I don't know the reason the coach has decided not to play Jackson and no one else on this board does. I'll give the head coach a pass on this till someone can answer that question. There could be a lot more to this than anyone can imagine. To say he's losing games to prove a point is as thoughtless as declaring who is and isn't a winner. Do you have some sort of winner radar to be able to determine those assertions? Jackson brings a strong running potential that Jaq lacks, but that's no guarantee of success on the field. Is "loserly" even a word? :john:
Great win tonight. While I think we have a good team and will contend for the MAC East, I'm shocked we were able to win a game when it was the second road game in a row. Statistically very difficult to do.Normally, the butt monkeys come in after a loss and say things like "where is this program now?" and then go onto tell everyone how this program has gone nowhere under JD. I would like to answer that question after a win. We now have a program that can win close games as far back as the MACC. There is no way that this program wins a game like tonight prior to JD. Prior to JD, the WMU would have scored 38 and we would have had 35.Has this program turned a corner where we can now count on them to win close games whether it is a low scoring game or a high scoring game? I think we have. Perhaps the players are getting used to winning. I don't think there has ever been a time since 1987 when we could say that. No more players crying in locker rooms...no more coaches crying in post game radio interviews...no more of any of that nonsense. Attitude means a lot and this team may have the right attitude.This was a huge win for the program. Someone mentioned Akron plays Temple next week. 4-3 (2-0) looks good. I 'd like to know the last time Temple has beaten two I-A teams in a row? More importantly, when is the last time they won a road game?By the way, how about that special teams coach?Go Zips!!!! Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone.--------------------
Anyone care to guess who posted above? :laugh_up: Who would praise the coach one day and rip him a couple of weeks later? Hmmmmm. :chair:
UCDavid singling me out again. It's been a while. Good stuff. Sorry if my brilliance escapes you, but you don't strike me as very bright.......bitter, but not bright.....a better word would be dimwitted. You can copy and paste my well written posts all you want, but that won't make you my intellectual equal.I think I have been fairly critical of JD this year in terms of his defensive style and some of the play calling. Sorry you don't pick up on that. Most others on the board have I believe. I think the guy is a decent coach and deserves another year. If they play like this next year, he gets the boot.In terms of my winner radar it tells me that winners win and losers lose. Everyone has the same radar if they don't over complicate it. CJ11 put up a lot of yards today and the team lost. Remind anyone out there of anyone? We really have seen this before. We have to stop it before it becomes a Heisman Trophy campaign.Lastly UCDavid, "loserly" is not a word. I'm not surprised you had to ask the question. So for example if I write a sentence like...."I bet Browns fans are happy Charlie Frye and his loserly ways have been shipped off to Seattle." I indeed would be using a non-word in a sentence.Enjoy the weekend everyone.

who knows if we would be better off right now.i do know we probably would be no worse off.like i said jd is going to stick with cj11, and take this team to another losing season.at this point it really does not matter because most zips fans don't care anymore at this point,and are ready for b-ball.this will be shown at the gate the rest of the season.
JD want's to prove his point, at the expense of the team, the players, the fans, and the athletic department's money. We'll see how much longer they put up with it. I know I'm through. And nobody better give me this "Well, Temple and Buffalo are better this year" bullsh!t. They're better because the rest of the MAC sucks more than usual.Most Zips fans may be ready for basketball season to start, but don't forget that we have a top-25 soccer team that will be playing in the MAC tournament at home soon. When BBall season starts, I'll be there, but for now, the Jack should sell out for every tournament game, and there needs to be at least 50 AK-Rowdies giving the other team hell. Winners win, and losers lose. Men's soccer team is comprised of winners. They deserve much more support than they get. Football, however, is showing that they are losers, and losers don't get support. Fans vote with their wallets, and losing teams lose money more than winning teams. Remember that college football is a business, and a way of advertising your school. Does Mack Rhoades want to waste millions of dollars on a produst that the communitty thinks (perhaps rightly) is a laughing stock?

For someone so dimwitted you do seem to spend an inordinate amount of time bad mouthing me. I simply reposted your comments and you have your usual hissy fit. You don't go to the games but have an answer for all that is wrong. You praise the head coach and tear him downtwo weeks later. You are an enigma. When your other personality rereads your post I'm sure he will be embarassed for both of you. You flatter yourself too much. I simply point out how you can't keep your train of thought from week to week. Must be sniffing too much wood preservative. Get out of your hole and get some fresh air. Maybe take in an Akron football game. Then you may be able to comment intelligently about the state of zips football. It's a stretch, but stranger things have happened. :rolleyes:

Sadly, Carlton Jackson's not the answer GP1. He's an idiot with the football, he's a discipline problem with a horrible attitude, and he's not respected by anyone on the team. I don't think there are any answers because JD's recruited a bunch of rivals all-stars who have never found their way to the classroom or the field, and a bunch of guys who do well at combines but can't run a simple offensive or defensive scheme and just flat out aren't good football players. People talk about how JD doesn't recruit those slow unathletic suburban kids like LO used to. Well hell I'll take a Chase Blackburn, JOHN MACKEY, Charlie Frye, Domenik Hixon, Jay Rohr, Brian White, Ryan Myers, John Fuller, etc. etc. etc. anyday over what we've got on the field right now.

Sadly, Carlton Jackson's not the answer GP1. He's an idiot with the football, he's a discipline problem with a horrible attitude, and he's not respected by anyone on the team. I don't think there are any answers because JD's recruited a bunch of rivals all-stars who have never found their way to the classroom or the field, and a bunch of guys who do well at combines but can't run a simple offensive or defensive scheme and just flat out aren't good football players. People talk about how JD doesn't recruit those slow unathletic suburban kids like LO used to. Well hell I'll take a Chase Blackburn, JOHN MACKEY, Charlie Frye, Domenik Hixon, Jay Rohr, Brian White, Ryan Myers, John Fuller, etc. etc. etc. anyday over what we've got on the field right now.
Bobby Hendry, Dan Basch, Mark Groza