Hey JD its about time that....

timmyboy

Is it time for JD to...  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

AFTER THE LAST FEW WEEKS, I HAVE FALLEN MORE AND MORE INTO THE GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO WANT CJ11 OUT OF THERE. HE HAS NOT PUT THIS TEAM INTO THE BEST POSITION TO WIN GAMES AND I THINK IT IS TIME FOR JD TO GET HIS HEAD OUT OF HIS REAR AND STOP HOLDING ANY TYPE OF GRUDGE TOWARDS JACKSON FOR SOMTHING THAT HE DONE EARLIER IN THE SEASON. JACKSON HAS ALREADY PROVED THAT HE CAN WIN FOOTBALL GAMES............... IF WE HAD CJ11 BEHIND CENTER WHEN WE PLAYED THAT GAME AGAINST CANT STATE AT THE BOWL, DO YOU THINK WE WOULD HAVE WON? MORE THEN LIKELY NOT, BECAUSE JACKSONS ABILITY TO USE HIS LEGS WHEN A PLAY BREAKS DOWN FORCED THE LINEBACKERS TO STAY CLOSER TO THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE, AND WHEN THEY DID START MOVING TOWARDS THE LINE, HE WAS ABLE TO GET THE BALL OVER THEIR HEADS TO THE WR'S. CJ11 HAS A HABIT OF EYEING DOWN JABARI FROM THE START OF THE PLAY TO THE FINISH, AND ALOT OF TIMES IT RESULTS IN AN INT. SO I KNOW PERSONALLY I AM HOPING THAT WHEN WE KICK OFF FRIDAY NIGHT AT 7:30 AGAINST BOWLING GREEN ( WHO LOST TO OHIO TONIGHT) THAT JACKSON IS BEHIND CENTER, BECAUSE IM NOT SURE I CAN STAND MUCH MORE OF SEEING CJ11 BACK THERE LOSING GAMES FOR US AND NOT GIVING US A CHANCE IN HELL TO WIN!!!!PS: THIS IS THE OFFICIAL PETITION FOR THE COACHING STAFF TO MAKE A CHANGE AT THE QB POSITION HA HA. :cheers::screwks:

I THINK IT IS TIME FOR JD TO GET HIS HEAD OUT OF HIS REAR AND STOP HOLDING ANY TYPE OF GRUDGE TOWARDS JACKSON FOR SOMTHING THAT HE DONE EARLIER IN THE SEASON.
i don't know what infraction might have occurred, but it's attitudes like this that make athletes believe they are above everyone else and can do what they want. there are more important things in life than just winning football games. don't get me wrong, winning is important, but it's not the only thing. i am happy to see a coach stand up and hold his athlete accountable for their action because it doesn't happen enough. cj7 is a good guy by me, he's in one of my classes and i have nothing against him, but i'm also sure that when he is ready to do what is needed of him jd will play him again. i highly doubt it's a personal grudge, because if it was, most athletes would try to transfer out of that kind of situation.

I THINK IT IS TIME FOR JD TO GET HIS HEAD OUT OF HIS REAR AND STOP HOLDING ANY TYPE OF GRUDGE TOWARDS JACKSON FOR SOMTHING THAT HE DONE EARLIER IN THE SEASON.
I highly doubt it's a personal grudge, because if it was, most athletes would try to transfer out of that kind of situation.
he may be looking into transfering out of it. who knows. I know that if i were him and i was the better player an was still getting screwed over, i would. looks like we will have to wait an see how the season turns out an go from there.

that's excatly it.we dont know because jd will not say what happened.if the kid was only late for a meeting then benching him for the entire season is ridiculous.jd can have all the discipline he wants ,but losing does not pay the bills.jd proved his point we have discipline... and a 3win -season.we have a discipline football team to bad no one will be at the games to see the discipline.

First, where or who says that JD must communicate to all of the loyal Zip followers his punishment or discipline regarding CJ7 or any other player on the team? As a former coach, all that information was kept confidential. Any thing we heard about CJ7's discipline came by word of mouth and never directly from JD.To me it doesn't matter who is at QB, because the season is about a whole lot more than a qb controversy. We have no offense, no defense, special teams are mediocre at best. Plus we have a head coach that is still learning how to be a head coach.How much longer will this be allowed to continue? :(

First, where or who says that JD must communicate to all of the loyal Zip followers his punishment or discipline regarding CJ7 or any other player on the team? As a former coach, all that information was kept confidential. Any thing we heard about CJ7's discipline came by word of mouth and never directly from JD.To me it doesn't matter who is at QB, because the season is about a whole lot more than a qb controversy. We have no offense, no defense, special teams are mediocre at best. Plus we have a head coach that is still learning how to be a head coach.How much longer will this be allowed to continue? :(
Agreed...there is more going on here...players are not responding to coaches...coaches are doing the "square peg into the round hole' routine...I think some coaches may be leaving and the players know it...

JD lost a lot of my respect when he took the route of recruiting thugs that nobody else wanted. It seems that he had one set of rules for some guys, and another set of rules for others, and nothing will tear a team apart faster. He tried to clean house this offseason and even admitted to that mistake, but it's too late. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Zips graduation levels get back down to the rates of the Faust era.Many of the problem players may be gone (definately not all of them), but their effect on the teammates that they influenced remains. Jackson seems to be a guy that fell in with the wrong crowd in his class and is a cancer cell on the team. JD can't give a guy with an attitude and discipline problem the throne of leadership on the team, and inherently thats what the QB position is.

you sayd cj7 is a cancer ect.that is your opinion.if jd does not like cj7 then kick him off the team,or play him.to say cj7 did this and is that is your opinion.some of the bext players in the nfl are so called cancers like to and moss.yet they are fine this year.alott of this is coaching.

I highly doubt it's a personal grudge, because if it was, most athletes would try to transfer out of that kind of situation.
he may be looking into transfering out of it. who knows. I know that if i were him and i was the better player an was still getting screwed over, i would. looks like we will have to wait an see how the season turns out an go from there.
If CJ7 is smart, he would transfer at the end of the year if JD stays. The decision to leave would be horrible for Akron, but maybe the best for him. There seems to be more here than meets the eye. He could go to a school closer to home and play right away in I-AA or sit out a year and come back at another school. He is not an NFL player so if he only has two more years to get on the field, he should do it somewhere else.If he leaves, Akron is down to zero playmakers next year after JA12 graduates. If you think the offense is bad this year, wait until next year if CJ7 transfers.Please don't anyone jump in with him moving to WR next year. It all starts with the QB. Start the best QB and then fill in the other 10 spots with the best players.In the end, I don't think it will matter. If JD is really as detached from the team as reported, he is leaving on his own next year. A lot of you will get your wish and Akron will be on ANOTHER four year plan. Maybe UofA will take that chance to change their name to The University of Akron Browns.JD had a decision to make early in the year and that was to go with a QB who is a pain in the ass and win, or try to make a point and go with someone else and lose. Akron badly needed to win this year regardless of the problems. It doesn't take a ton of good players to win in the MAC. One or two really good players on offense can win a lot of games in the MAC by just throwing up a bunch of points. Actually, that is the trend in college football. Look at the UGA game Saturday. 41 points is hard to beat.

if jd does not like cj7 then kick him off the team,or play him.
Excellent point. If CJ7 is worth throwing away a season for, then he should be kicked off the team. If not, he should be on the field. Winning football games requires the right tools. Right now we are trying to hammer in a nail with a screwdriver.In addition, really good programs bring in questionable players all the time and win with them. Not all the players, but some. It's less to do with whether or not to bring a couple in and more to do with what you do with them when they get to the school. If you are serious about winning, the questionable players are unfortunately necessary. If you are not serious about winning and want to pretend college sports are about something other than what they are, winning, then you don't want questionable players. Make no mistake about it though, the latter leads to losing.