Nice Saturday for the Zips

Captain Kangaroo

The K.e.n.t. Golden flushes dropped yet another game, losing to lowly NIU 27-20. The K.e.n.t. basketball team lost to Detroit on a three-pointer at the buzzer.And for those of you that really couldn't hack two months of Buckeye hype regarding another national championship run, and in case the Beacon didn't send a writer...I wanted to be the first to notify you that the Buckeyes lost to Illinois 28-21 in Columbus. A nice follow-up to the Buckeye basketball loss to D-II Findlay earlier in the week.If you really want to stretch it...the Zips women's hoops team did have a nice showing in Ann Arbor last nich too, losing 67-55. The leading scorer in the game was a Zips freshman(freshwoman?), which seems to bode well for the team's potential this season.A pretty nice Saturday for not having a Zips game. At least it was for me. :D

An excerpt from Elton Alexander's MAC blog below. I agree with what Elton says maybe half the time, but I do like that he dislikes osu as much as some of us. And he also picked Akron over the bucks this year. For those who are interested, former Notre Dame coach Lou Holtz was told of a particular sportswriter (yours truly) who sometimes, S-O-M-E-T-I-M-E-S, picks the state deity, Ohio State, to be upset on the gridiron. This sportswriter is then grilled like chicken at a summer barbecue when the No. 1 Buckeyes luck out. This sportswriter has picked the Buckeyes to lose four times this season, five if you count tomorrow's game against Illinois. AP file photoLou Holtz says he votes with his heart, regardless of how bad Notre Dame is.Everybody but me seems to know whomever the deity plays, it's akin to the Cleveland Music Institute going against Rommel in the first half and Patton in the second. But Holtz -- who must suffer the same fate for always, Always, ALWAYS picking Notre Dame to win (the Irish are 1-8 and falling) -- might have some suggestions for keep this guy off the glowing charcoals. "I just got a nasty letter from an Ohio State fan," Holtz said. "Was I biased because I wasn't able to beat them? I wrote and reminded him we won the last two times we played them at South Carolina (where Holtz last coached). "You're put in a position to make a choice, not to do what the public wants, or is popular. Just say what's in your heart and tell them to live with it. It's like the polls. The reason they keep voting is because not everybody is always right." Thanks, coach. I'll tell him.

The K.e.n.t. Golden flushes dropped yet another game, losing to lowly NIU 27-20. The K.e.n.t. basketball team lost to Detroit on a three-pointer at the buzzer.And for those of you that really couldn't hack two months of Buckeye hype regarding another national championship run, and in case the Beacon didn't send a writer...I wanted to be the first to notify you that the Buckeyes lost to Illinois 28-21 in Columbus. A nice follow-up to the Buckeye basketball loss to D-II Findlay earlier in the week.If you really want to stretch it...the Zips women's hoops team did have a nice showing in Ann Arbor last nich too, losing 67-55. The leading scorer in the game was a Zips freshman(freshwoman?), which seems to bode well for the team's potential this season.A pretty nice Saturday for not having a Zips game. At least it was for me. :D
Let's not give The Vest any ideas here! He's probably been up all night trying to figure out a way to get Findlay on his football schedule. Did I see c-bus up in flames on Saturday night?