We Can be Patient with Dambrot - but not JD

ZipAnalyst

“I think we’re going to get better, but people will have to be patient.” This is what KD had to say, in part, after the "attempt to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory" (my paraphrase - reference: Rasor ABJ Zips Blog).Dambrot will get the hoopsters righted before long. We Zip fans will be patient. Dambrot can coach on the fly. But not JD. Brookhart is a lost cause. Akron needs to let him go after Friday and give a new coach a year to prepare for a turnaround come the opening of the new stadium in 2009.Comparing Akron basketball and even soccer to Akron football is clear indication of the difference quality coaching can make!

“I think we’re going to get better, but people will have to be patient.” This is what KD had to say, in part, after the "attempt to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory" (my paraphrase - reference: Rasor ABJ Zips Blog).Dambrot will get the hoopsters righted before long. We Zip fans will be patient. Dambrot can coach on the fly. But not JD. Brookhart is a lost cause. Akron needs to let him go after Friday and give a new coach a year to prepare for a turnaround come the opening of the new stadium in 2009.Comparing Akron basketball and even soccer to Akron football is clear indication of the difference quality coaching can make!
Ridiculous!

I don't know how a post about JD makes it onto the basketball page other than petty and personal animosity.With that said, KD is a very good coach. The biggest difference between him and JD and the soccer coach is that JD and the soccer coach come through when they make it to the MACC. If JD gets fired after this week, he will leave here with a championship ring on his finger. A ring is something KD is still lacking and is largely at fault for not having one.Zips fans should be patient to see what KD does this season and probably next season. KD is a Zip, and as such, should be treated a little differently IMHO. After being badly out coached and out played in the MACC last winter, that team owes you die hard fans a championship in a season when they are not predicted to win. This season would be a good one to do just that.

Ridiculous!
Be careful of the ad homonym attacks.ZA is the type of person who would fart in a crowed room, blame it on someone else and then lecture the room on how inappropriate it is to fart in a crowded room.

KD is still learning, just like JD. Neither of them had any college HC experience before coming to Akron. They both deserve a few more years before we start judging them, but we also can't wait too long for results like we have with some past coaches. I like both coaches and see quite a bit of potential that they can only unlock with more time and experience. They are both pretty quick learners.

KD is still learning, just like JD. Neither of them had any college HC experience before coming to Akron. They both deserve a few more years before we start judging them, but we also can't wait too long for results like we have with some past coaches. I like both coaches and see quite a bit of potential that they can only unlock with more time and experience. They are both pretty quick learners.
Actually, KD coached at CMU in the 90's for a little while. He was doing fine there, but due to some locker room talk he lost his job. He is and will be a good coach for us for many years.

Actually, KD coached at CMU in the 90's for a little while. He was doing fine there, but due to some locker room talk he lost his job. He is and will be a good coach for us for many years.
You're right. I completely forgot about that. That was many years ago, and I just remembered him coming from high school to coach at college.

Don' forget KD was also HC at Tiffin and was also a very successful HC at Ashland.
OK, this is somewhat "tongue in cheek" but let's bring this full-circle, shall we? KD was very successful at Ashland.........................just like Lee Owens??? :rofl: Let's give Lee his due. The Eagles made the Div 2 playoffs this year. Hey, this isn't any more irrelevant than the original comments about JD, right?