harvey,lindsey

RACER

does anybody know if either of those guys are coming back next year.if we have the same situation then the only way the zips will do anything on offense is if they have playe makers like williams.right now i would say williams,and andre jones return game is the only two the zips have.

WHO CARES!

These stiffs weren't available when we needed them thisyear. Why should we accept them back. I say forget about those guys and continue focusing on the players we have and the ones we will have coming inot camp next year. start building for the future now, and forget the past.

talked to david last week and he informed me that he will be on the field for the zips next year. he is back in class and his academics are all going to be in order. Now lets hope that this is all true. Also heard from another player on the team that the QB situation for next year is already pretty clear.....MATT RODGERS will be lining up behind center, and possibly have CJ7 moved to WR. We will have to see how things work out with any HS players that they sign, but after all the talk this year it looks like they were holding Matt back his true freshman year so he could lead the team for many years to come. But no QB will be able to do anything with the offensive playcalling that they had this year..... hopefully that Offense gets a new look and we dont run that BS HS offense. That O is only good when you have the proper personel, and we dont have it so lets get sothign new.

talked to david last week and he informed me that he will be on the field for the zips next year. he is back in class and his academics are all going to be in order. Now lets hope that this is all true.
We shall see. If he does regain eligibility, great. I know no one is banking on him. I also hear Jermain Lindsay is hoping to play for the Zips this fall. He's likewise trying to get his academics in order. And likewise -- I know no one is banking on him. It is a bonus if it happens.

nothing against j.aurthur but harvey is a playmaker who can score on one play.j.a could make big plays, but harvey could take it to the house on any play.plus i think he will be a huge bonus on kickoff returns.if we can get both of thse guys back then this team with williams has some guys who can score on one play.i know you have to get the ball to these guys but it still gives us some gamebreakers.if the zips can find a qb then it could get real interesting.

If either one of them returns next year, he have an instant replacement talent-wise for Jabari leaving. Also, If Rodgers is half as good as advertised, he will still provide an upgrade over last years mess behind center. Plus Andrew Johnson becoming eligible means that we should have an offense to be feared next year. If the playcalling can change to reflect the talent we have on the field, it should be an exciting year to end the Rubber Bowl era.

I'll be interested in seeing how the Rogers scenario plays out. If he was the most talented QB on the team this year and JD decided to sit him out anyhow it means he didn't have any faith in this team. Why isn't the goal putting the 11 most talented kids on the field. At this point last year this board was full of people telling me about Carlton Jackson and how amazing it was going to be to have the next Mike Vick on our team. Well we learned he wasn't a QB this year. As for the CJ11 bashers on this board -- I'm still going with coaching on offense being our bigger problem than QB. A QB with talent doesn't go from leading a team to 40+ points against OU to being shut out the next week. Am I the only one who finds this odd -- I know people keeping saying we need a new offense, but in the same breath they blast the QB.

i just dont think the spread offense is for cj11.that offense the qb has to be able to run the ball.plus we dont have the recievers for it.how many times did we throw a screen pass for no gain.now if harvey and lindsey come back that may change.i would like to also see allex allen,and williams at split backs.especially if neither of those two guys come back.

It would be great to get both back, if they can keep their acts together. Imagine what a dangerous receiving corp we would have had if that PUTZ Vincent Hill had not backed out. Hopefully we can snag a good JUCO WR. I am cautiously optimistic about next year and agree about the offensive coordinator. I sure hope Matt Rodgers is the man, how great would it be to have QB for four years! Here are a couple other players that could really turn this around;Ryan Bain - should be an upgrade on DL (I think he will be eligible next yr?)Gary Pride - could he find a spot in the WR corp? He is dangerous.Jarvis Givens - is he a Zip or FAU?

it's hard to tell how good the other recievers are since cj11 pretty much threw to j.aurthur open or not.if we have both of them back along with poindexter we go from having one of the worst wr corps in the mac to one of the best.i thought a.owen looked good when we threw to him.

I hear we had four JUCOs on campus this past week with at least two of them being 6'4"-ish wide receivers. Guys at the company I work for who are based in Pittsburgh and follow high school sports pretty closely over there have said they think Matt Rodgers is the real deal. Sure hope that is the case.

As for the CJ11 bashers on this board -- I'm still going with coaching on offense being our bigger problem than QB. A QB with talent doesn't go from leading a team to 40+ points against OU to being shut out the next week. Am I the only one who finds this odd -- I know people keeping saying we need a new offense, but in the same breath they blast the QB.
You've posted this a couple times...so I'll bite on it.CJ11 is bad. He's better than CJ7...but he's still bad. Is he 100% horrible? No. I wouldn't mind him as a back up. But I see no way we can win a championship with him. Watching a QB, you see ones that have "it," and those who don't. I don't see "it" with CJ11. He makes too many game-changing mistakes. He locks on to one receiver. He got suspended. His evils outweigh his attributes, and after watching him for a full season I don't see the "upside" necessary to stick with him.How did he score 40+ vs. OU, yet 0 vs. Miami? Probably because OU isn't Miami. And Oxford isn't Akron. To give you an idea how bad OU's defense is: On the Zips first two offensive plays...when the Zips OL stood up to look at the sidelines (like we do on virtually every play)...the OU defense jumped off-sides. If you studied ANY film of the Zips, you know the OL stands up and looks at the sidelines for 90%+ of our offensive plays. OU was a terrible, terrible team in 2007. Miami didn't set the world on fire in 2007 either. But they are a solid defensive team and they were playing at home.Regarding the play-calling as the culprit -- You can look at it two ways. 1.) CJ11 was a great QB, and Moorhead was simply too conservative to let the guy show his skills.2.) Moorhead was stuck with a QB situation that was really bad, and had to drastically simplify things to even have a chance to move the ball.To me, it isn't black and white. I'm a Minnesota Vikings fan. I thought Tavaris Jackson S-U-C-K-E-D. I still think he sucks. But somehow the Vikings staff figured out a way to play to their strengths (Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor), while keeping the defense honest within Jackson's obvious passing limitations.Similarly/Conversely-- The Zips had two stud running backs in Williams and Allen, yet threw sideline pass after sideline pass...and punted...rather than play to their ground game strength. CJ11 doesn't appear to be a prototypical "spread" QB, so why didn't we stick with the West Coast this year? I don't think the Zips offense ever adjusted to their strengths, or limitations, in 2007. GP1 brought it up once...why would you ever fall for CJ11's ball fakes when you know he's never going to run? We were way too easy to defend.Interesting note: Through the OU game, CJ11 led the NATION in 1st quarter pass completion percentage. CJ11 was either awesome, or executing play calls that were WAY too conservative. I know CL11 wasn't awesome.Bad QB, ineffective scheme, slow to make adjustments, 4-8....time to start fresh in 2008. New QB, appropriate offensive scheme to maximize strengths and minimize weaknesses..I'd be happy with that.