YSU @ Akron

eguins

YSU comes in losing 4 in a row to Eastern Kentucky, Can't, Cleveland State, and Robert Morris. YSU is now 3-6 on the season....YSU lost to Can't by 7. In the 2nd half they were down by 21 at one point and cut it down to 3 in the final minute.YSU lost to Robert Morris by 3. In the 2nd half they were down by 18 at one point and cut it to 2 with 2:00 left, before losing.YSU's problem is they start off very slow in the first half and by the time they start playing some good basketball, they are getting their butts kicked. The only chance YSU has of winning this game is if they can stay within 10 points at halftime and make some 3 pointers.YSU had 5 guys in double figures in the loss Monday to Robert Morris; but the problem is those were pretty much the only 5 scorers in the game.I WILL BE IN AKRON FOR THIS ONE TOMORROW NIGHT FOR THIS DOUBLEHEADER.. Not expecting us to win, expecting to come home 0-2 tomorrow lol.GOOD LUCK AKRON!

I have enjoyed the series with YSU. It is a good game where fans from both teams are able to make the trip. The Zips have had the upperhand during the series but YSU is no pushover. I expect a good game with the Zips coming out victorious. We have been dominant at home. Prediction: Akron 81 YSU 72

It's at home, so I am expecting a blowout for the men's game. No disrespect to YSU, but that's what happens in the JAR. I would be much more worried if it were on the road. The women's team is still a mystery to me. I don't know how good they are, just that they seem to be much improved over every past team in the history of the program, but that's not saying much.I'll be down behind the south basket, heckling the players and coaches like always. I am hoping for a nice crowd. See you there.

YSU should be a permanent home & home. I like the series. I think the same about CSU, but Waters is chicken and that's the end of CSU / Akron.I've seen the penguins once each of the past 3 or 4 seasons, and last season I thought they made a big jump forward. It will be interesting to see them again this week.

I think the same about CSU, but Waters is chicken and that's the end of CSU / Akron.
I spoke to Waters at the MAC tourney last year. He said "Keith has done a great job at Akron. We aren't ready to play them yet. We'll start the games back up in a year or two."At least the guy is honest. We'll see if he lives up to his word.

Sorry about the new post, but got an important question to ask.1) How much are tickets at the JAR? At YSU its $10 and $6.2) How would I go about getting tickets with YSU fans there? Like at YSU our away fans ask the ticket people to sit with the visitors and they either get them the lower level seats behind the bench or the GA seats the concourse up around the bench... Would I do the same at the JAR, or will I randomly be placed in the arena?3) Where on earth do I park? Judging by google maps aerial shots, I see nowhere near the place... or am I wrong?THANKS

eguins:1.) I believe GA(bleachers) tickets are $10, and reserved(chairs) are $12, but don't qoute me on that. Students get in for free(they charge a "sports" fee in the tuition), so I never paid attention to the how much the tickets actually cost.2.) We have an away section in the reserved chairs directly behind the visitors bench, literally two feet away from where the players sit. GA seating is bleachers, and you can sit anywhere you like in those sections. I would suggest trying to get in the reserved visitors section, just be prepared for any AK-ROWDIES that show up, since they are very close to that area.3.) There is parking all around the area, but it's not obvious unless you know where to look. The lots adjacent to the JAR are reserved for VIPs, but there is a large parking deck about 400 feet away and it is free on nights when there are home games, so you're in luck. It's on the very eastern edge of campus. I assume you will take I-76 to Route 8 North to get here. If you are, exit on Carrol street, turn left and cross over the highway You will see the parking deck immediately, on your right. Pull in, park, and cross Spicer street and head straight, you'll see the JAR across the street from the gigantic Rec center/Fieldhouse.Get there early, if you can, so that you have time to check out some of the new buildings on campus and get a feel for the place. A lots changed since the "Hilltop High" days of yore. It's still a work in progress, and you should definetely come back once the stadium is completed, hopefully for a Zips-Penguins matchup.

and you should definetely come back once the stadium is completed, hopefully for a Zips-Penguins matchup.
Thank you very much!That was going to be my next question though, who is your Athletic Director and where does he sit at the games; so I can go ask him why we have this matchup in mens and womens basketball, but not in football.Should be a decent showing of YSU fans over there on a Friday Night.. cya!

and you should definetely come back once the stadium is completed, hopefully for a Zips-Penguins matchup.
Thank you very much!That was going to be my next question though, who is your Athletic Director and where does he sit at the games; so I can go ask him why we have this matchup in mens and womens basketball, but not in football.Should be a decent showing of YSU fans over there on a Friday Night.. cya!
I'll give you the answer, because you have a DI-A basket ball team which you don't have in football.

I'll give you the answer, because you have a DI-A basket ball team which you don't have in football.
:iws:

Thank you very much!That was going to be my next question though, who is your Athletic Director and where does he sit at the games; so I can go ask him why we have this matchup in mens and womens basketball, but not in football.
AD is Mack RhodesHere is a link, and you can see his picturehttp://www.gozips.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_...p;ATCLID=312131He is usually standing at the end of the court, on Akron's end. Usually has on a suit w/ no tie (like mock turtleneck type shirt)

:iws:
Perfect, GoZips88!

ESPN.com says 46-26 at the half. Being at home in Lorain I have no way to listen to the game on the two radio stations. Just tried the car and got nothing. Can anyone give us updates?
You can listen to all the games online for free at www.sportsradio1350.com.
thanks a bunch!! i'll add that to my favorites!