no bubba

zipseuph

sitting here watching the Can't OU game and I couldn't help but notice that bubba isn't starting :lol:
Please save the ha, ha, has. Bubba is out with a concussion suffered at the end on Thursday.But, what do you think -- how many points per game is that worth for OU? Whittington is three-for-three on three-pointers in the early going. Bubbaless Cats went on a 14-2 run for a 16-9 lead, but this one should go down to the buzzer. Well, hopefully OU does better at home. Does Chones know where he's at today? Thursday nite he said, "Akron's gotta be careful with missed free throws on the road". Where did they dredge these two up from anywhere?

Regarding the shot by Walther at the end of Thursday's game...If that game were being played in Athens, I believe Bubba would have gotten 3 free throws to win the game. Not sure who it was he got his legs tangled with, but UA was fortunate to have gotten away without a foul call.

Regarding the shot by Walther at the end of Thursday's game...If that game were being played in Athens, I believe Bubba would have gotten 3 free throws to win the game. Not sure who it was he got his legs tangled with, but UA was fortunate to have gotten away without a foul call.
He flopped violently and gave himself a concussion

ZIP, Bubba shot the ball, did a 360 while in his follow through, then flopped backwards and hit his head. Dials was the one that contested the shot, and flew through the air with a hand extended to not let Bubba have a clean shot. He wasn't even close to him. I've got it recorded and I've watched the shot time and time again. Having said that though, you are right that if it were at OU, it would have been called a foul.

Where did they dredge these two up from anywhere?
While Chones might have Alzheimer's, Reghi is one of the best in the business. Love that guy.
I've got to disagree with you on Reghi. Is there a sports cliche this guy doesn't use, repeatedly?And congratulations on OU taking down Can't State, Ozoner. Much appreciated.

ZIP, Bubba shot the ball, did a 360 while in his follow through, then flopped backwards and hit his head. Dials was the one that contested the shot, and flew through the air with a hand extended to not let Bubba have a clean shot. He wasn't even close to him. I've got it recorded and I've watched the shot time and time again. Having said that though, you are right that if it were at OU, it would have been called a foul.
Watching it in person I thought he was fouled. But I agree, watching on the DVR when I got home, he anticipated contact and dials flew by without touching him. I can definetly see how he got a concussion. And I hate to see anyone get hurt... I dont care who it is.

You can say what you want about Mike Reghi being cliche, but what sports announcer isnt cliche...I mean baseball announcers have their phrases they repeat over and over, other basketball announcers do the same...so whateveryou were referring to, be it repeated phrases or something else regardless of all that I would listen to Mike Reghi commentate a game over Dick Vitale any day...Dick Vitale has the most annoying voice ever, and you wanna talk about cliche, that's a textbook example of cliche...I hate Dick Vitale, can't stand him...I talked to Mike Reghi in person last year after the OU game at BW3, and he is one of the nicest if not the nicest guys to talk to...he didn't have to come and sit with a bunch of college students but he did, and it was awesome...bottom line Reghi's the man

You can say what you want about Mike Reghi being cliche, but what sports announcer isnt cliche...I mean baseball announcers have their phrases they repeat over and over, other basketball announcers do the same...so whateveryou were referring to, be it repeated phrases or something else regardless of all that I would listen to Mike Reghi commentate a game over Dick Vitale any day...Dick Vitale has the most annoying voice ever, and you wanna talk about cliche, that's a textbook example of cliche...I hate Dick Vitale, can't stand him...I talked to Mike Reghi in person last year after the OU game at BW3, and he is one of the nicest if not the nicest guys to talk to...he didn't have to come and sit with a bunch of college students but he did, and it was awesome...bottom line Reghi's the man
I know next to nothing about the guy, but at the start he couldn't figure out why the Rowdies were all over Bubba. I call that "failing to do your homework". I give him a C-, which is at least a point higher than his running mate -- was that George Wallace? ;)