giants win!

zippyrifle32

Hixon: Switch from D to O in college...Fantastic-finish catch to win the MAC for Akron...Broken foot during combines, picked up by Denver...1 year rehabbing foot...Serious injury to opposing player in first NFL game...Fumble problems, released by Denver...picked up by Giants...KO return for TD vs. Pats in final reg. season game...Everett walking again after NDE...Plays in Super Bowl and wins the ring...Wow, what a whirlwind of events !

Jason Taylor definitely stole the show as far as Zips players appearing tonight.Unfortunately, Chase almost became the goat in this game. And because the Pats were not scoring, Dominik only got his hands on the ball a couple of times, and was not able to do anything. You always hope that another Zip steps on the big stage and does what Dwight Smith did a few years ago. But hey, at least they are wearing Super Bowl rings. And Dominik's comeback story this year is a great story. You won't see a ceremony to honor their super bowl rings at an Akron game. If anything, we probably would have acknowledged Jason's Defensive MVP award, and that never happened. Having a school retire your jersey is probably the only customary recognition you get from your college after you are gone.

Unfortunately, Chase almost became the goat in this game.
I'm not sure I understand how the substitutions work. Is Chase supposed to always watch for another LB coming on the field and know that he's the one being replaced? Couldn't/shouldn't the incoming player notify whoever he's replacing to make sure he gets out? Or did he miss a signal from the sideline? Why was all the blame on Chase...shouldn't it be a coordinated effort?

Unfortunately, Chase almost became the goat in this game.
I'm not sure I understand how the substitutions work. Is Chase supposed to always watch for another LB coming on the field and know that he's the one being replaced? Couldn't/shouldn't the incoming player notify whoever he's replacing to make sure he gets out? Or did he miss a signal from the sideline? Why was all the blame on Chase...shouldn't it be a coordinated effort?
I'm probably biased, but I don't think it was really Blackburn's fault. I noticed that after the incident, Tom Coughlin wasn't upset at Chase, but was sure chewing out his Special Teams Coach. I think it was probably more of a coaching error thingy.

I thought it was odd, and I guess it's within the rules so I'm not complaining, but isn't it weird to challenge a play for the absence of a call? Geesh, could you imagine throwing the red flag everytime the guys upstairs saw a hold?! Seems like a slippery slope to me.
I thought it was odd, too. So, I looked it up, and number of players on the field is listed as a reviewable play.

If it's not Chase's fault, I feel badly for him. The broadcasters just kept saying, "Chase didn't get off the field", which made it look like HE made a bonehead play. And then he ends up getting another 10 minutes of publicity out of the deal, but not the kind of publicity you want. For his sake, I was so happy that the Pats didn't capitalize on the mistake.

They kept the camera trained on him like he just butchered his own mother or something...I thought it was a bit overdone. My suggestion to Coughlin would be to have the incoming player communicate with the guy he's replacing like in basketball. It was a heads up call by the Pats tho' to keep the drive alive.

I don't think Mr. Hixon is going to have any children after that last hit :blink:
lol, i was thinking the same thing, OUCH
I'm sure the Pats remembered his TD return in the previous game and DH had a huge bullseye on him in the SB. At least he held on to the ball so the Giants could put together an amazing winning drive.