Stadium Cams Are Live!!!!!

K-Roo

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know what the narrow thing is that recently was installed at midfield on the facing of the loge level on the west tower? Ribbon board? Scoreboard? Advertisting?Also, our friends are back working atop the bomb shelters again today!
It's a sign that says "FirstMerit Foundation Club Level"

drove by the stadium today and couldnt help but notice that I have yet to see any pole go up on which they will be hanging an American flag from. Unless its positioned somewhere that I can't see on the cams or cant see while driving down exchange...

drove by the stadium today and couldnt help but notice that I have yet to see any pole go up on which they will be hanging an American flag from. Unless its positioned somewhere that I can't see on the cams or cant see while driving down exchange...
When I toured it on Saturday I saw no poles either. So I'm assuming it is the absolute last thing they are going to do.

I inquired about the flag situation and got a prompt reply from the athletic department:There will be three flag poles installed soon in the landscaping just north of the North End Zone Building. The flags will include the American flag, State of Ohio flag and The University of Akron flag. The design will be similar to the flagpole layout at Buchtel Hall and at Buchtel Commons on the east side of campus. Paul HammondAssociate Athletics Director for Facilities and OperationsThe University of Akron

I inquired about the flag situation and got a prompt reply from the athletic department:There will be three flag poles installed soon in the landscaping just north of the North End Zone Building. The flags will include the American flag, State of Ohio flag and The University of Akron flag. The design will be similar to the flagpole layout at Buchtel Hall and at Buchtel Commons on the east side of campus. Paul HammondAssociate Athletics Director for Facilities and OperationsThe University of Akron
Well that will look nice, I was kind of hoping they went with that area.

Stopped on campus and walked around the stadium this morning. The cement base and lighting are in place and a large box and long tube were nearby on the access street. The flags will be on the outside fence area between the two bomb shelters (stairwells). I assume the box has all the extra pieces to mount and display the flags. They were power washing the east stands. Finishing touches. :wave:Now located on sidewalk and visible in cam 3.

Well folks, here we sit, less than 3 days to kickoff at Infocision Stadium with more tickets sold than seats...where are all those naysayers now?!? I can't tell you how many people I ran into during the course of the stadium construction (personally, not on Zipsnation) that said it would never happen, UofA would blow it, no way it would be done in time, it was way behind schedule, there were major problems, they haven't sold any tickets, ....... So many people had "Inside Information" and that UofA was just blowing smoke. Believe me, I was worried at times but as the project progressed, it just kept getting better and better! Saturday will be one of those days that stands out in my Zip Memory alongside Hixon's Catch at the MACC, and the Win over Marshall in '04! The atmosphere will be ELECTRIC, as I have never experienced it before! Instead of the smell of bread, we will have the smell of brats and burgers filling the air across campus! Thousands of Students, Alumni, and Citizens of Akron will converge! The city will be packed , the campus will be packed, InfoCision will be packed! Most college football fans NEVER get to experience what we will be experiencing on Saturday with the opening of InfoCision! ! We've got a real gem on our hands, the final piece of the puzzle to lift us to the next level! We've been talking for years about about doing things bigtime! Well..We've got facilities that are Bigtime! UofA has built a Stadium that is BIGTIME! As fans, lets do this thing BIGTIME! LETS OPEN THIS THING BIGTIME!!! :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Last night and again this morning work continues on the roof of our infamous stairwells.
Wouldn't it be ironic if someone shanks a field goal and the ball crashes right through the roof of one of those things.
My bet is that it'll happen during the final minutes of this year's Can't game... ;)

Nice article on stadium in West Side Leader.http://www.akron.com/akron-ohio-sports-news.asp?aID=6480What's missing is a big The University of Akron lettering.Link to stadium upgrades across the country.http://uwfootball.blogspot.com/2008/02/stadium-race.html
Didn't know we finished 7-5 last year! And we received no Bowl berth wtf?

Nice article on stadium in West Side Leader.http://www.akron.com/akron-ohio-sports-news.asp?aID=6480What's missing is a big The University of Akron lettering.Link to stadium upgrades across the country.http://uwfootball.blogspot.com/2008/02/stadium-race.html
I love the part about us going 7-5 last year...lolz

Didn't know we finished 7-5 last year! And we received no Bowl berth wtf?
Chalk it up to the poor MAC play ;)

Last night and again this morning work continues on the roof of our infamous stairwells.
Wouldn't it be ironic if someone shanks a field goal and the ball crashes right through the roof of one of those things.
Ha! More likely, it would bounce off the roof, all the way to the Rubber Bowl!
You got that right.I asked my brother who works in construction as site foreman in the Akron area. He told me the guys in trades who do that kind of work. All have said the repeated roof work makes no sense unless UofA construction manager keep asking for specs changes. They still should have been up there and done months ago after the framing was done.Why they're up there again yesterday and today is crazy. :rolleyes: