Season Tickets The real cost?

Hilltopper

Well, I have put it off long enough, its time to renew my football tickets. For this year its pretty staight forward($75X5tix=$375+$100donationZAC) $475 for my 5 seats. Where it gets interesting is trying to figure out what it will cost me to keep the same seats at the new stadium. :D They want me to buy both seasons now and only pay 40% upfront with the balance due next June. They say I will save $65 by agreeing. They sent a seating chart and section I am eligable for is pretty small(priotity reserved) but carrys a huge price premium. I have been spoiled by 39 years of 50 yard line seats and would like to be able to keep them, but not at any cost. They want $320 per ticket. By my math that works to $225 per ticket for the 2009 season at Infocision. Thats a 300% price increase. :blink: What to do? :(

Suck it up and pay for it. I'm lucky, I'm gonna have 2 kids and the Family package will work perfect for me. I can see it now...all the dads, drinking beer, chompin on nachos, get the first 5 rows of the family section and the kids and moms can fight and gab about Desperate Housewives behind the guys.

when the u of a has topay 3.1 million for the run down property it has to come from someone.i can't blame of u of a for what happened.they should try to build around these guys.it looks like the new stadium is going to over budget so what happens then?

when the u of a has topay 3.1 million for the run down property it has to come from someone.i can't blame of u of a for what happened.they should try to build around these guys.it looks like the new stadium is going to over budget so what happens then?
I would never build around these jokers, that is exactly what they want. They can go away anytime now!
That's the cost of doing business and watching football. We all wanted a new stadium.....now it's time to pay for it. So, please let's hold the complaining about paying for a state of the art facility to a minimum. We've all got off dirt cheap the last 25 plus years....
We are getting good prices for our football, but will the general public know this?

That's the cost of doing business and watching football. We all wanted a new stadium.....now it's time to pay for it. So, please let's hold the complaining about paying for a state of the art facility to a minimum. We've all got off dirt cheap the last 25 plus years....
Exactly. Zips fans have no idea how cheap they really get off. There should be absolutely no complaining about how much tickets cost to a Zips game.Here is what I had to pay for Wake Forest season tickets (2). $125 donation to the Deacon Club (foundation). Try not to go crazy with this cost, but the parking pass was $70. The two tickets were $225 each with a $5 service fee for a total of $700 for one season. All total, the cost per game is $50 per ticket and they have seven games. Wake offers nothing state of the art. They have an old stadium in dumpy old Winston-Salem.Read on if you want to hear a funny story about the incompetence of people working in college athletics....you think it only happens at Akron...... Last year, my wife and I attended the Wake vs. Nebraska game. For those of you who have never been to the Carolinas in September, just assume the hottest day of the year in Ohio every day from the middle of July until the end of September. For those of you who went to the NC State game a couple of years ago, it was much hotter this day than the NC State day. You would think that Wake would be prepared for the heat right? Wrong, they ran out of bottled watter by the middle of the second quarter. I had to pay $10 for two cups of ice at halftime.Now the funny part. Wake only has 31,000 seats in their stadium. 10,000 of those seats had to have been filled by Nebraska fans. People from the Carolinas weather the heat really well and let's just say people from Nebraska aren't used to the heat (they also drink a lot before games so it doesn't help). By the middle of the third quarter, it was a parade of sunburned white people packed in ice bags dressed in red shirts being carted out one after another on stretchers for heat exhaustion. I know I shouldn't laugh at things like this, but it was really funny to see. The more interesting thing is I remeber more about that than what happened on the field in a Skinner-less Wake loss to a bad Nebraska team .

Finally got my Season Tickets ordered today. I have to say that I'm pretty happy with the package. It actually sounds like, if you've been a season ticket holder for some time, you will get some type of priority on seating in the new stadium. Hopefully this means that when it comes to picking out my seats at ICS, I don't get the shaft from some first year guy who happens to get in line first. Does anyone actually know how this will work? Also of note, they mentioned that, as I got the family package this year, that I can tack on extra GA tickets and they will be linked to my seats. This is good news as I usually manage 2 random tag-alongs per game and if they are going to become seat-Nazis they can sit with me.

Here is what I had to pay for Wake Forest season tickets (2). $125 donation to the Deacon Club (foundation). Try not to go crazy with this cost, but the parking pass was $70. The two tickets were $225 each with a $5 service fee for a total of $700 for one season. All total, the cost per game is $50 per ticket and they have seven games.
So how much are season tix to Wake's NCAA champs men's soccer club? At least twice that I would expect.